sharetrader
Page 997 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 497897947987993994995996997998999100010011007104710971497 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,970 of 19415

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I guess some pushback was inevitable by speaking against owning rental properties , fair enough. Apologies now that I'm about to go really off topic but at the end I do mention OCA twice.

I know you have plenty of OCA TommyD, well done , so you will have an open mind to weigh things up for yourself and I suspect think this way already. I am saying though that most NZs are falsely obsessed with rental property to the exclusion of much better forms of property ownership out there, OCA being the one that stands out the most to me for now.
    i haven't quoted the whole post, but think the whole post is great.

Reminds me of a mate a couple of years ago when i said i was focused on paying down mortgage debt. He looked at me like i was stupid, and then confirmed by asking whether i really didn't back myself to return greater than 4% on the sharemarket?!?!? I eventually took that advice
    Same guy advised me to load up on SKL at $1.70-ish when he was doing so to the tune of high five figures. Should have taken that advice too.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_d View Post
    i haven't quoted the whole post, but think the whole post is great.

Reminds me of a mate a couple of years ago when i said i was focused on paying down mortgage debt. He looked at me like i was stupid, and then confirmed by asking whether i really didn't back myself to return greater than 4% on the sharemarket?!?!? I eventually took that advice
    Same guy advised me to load up on SKL at $1.70-ish when he was doing so to the tune of high five figures. Should have taken that advice too.
    LOL - has your mate got any advice for what we should be doing now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Almost impossible for some unless you have previous business with bank. I knew someone who had over $3 million in shares plus a freehold house. The bank would not let him borrow/mortgage his house worth $100,000. He wanted to buy shares during the first pandemic drop
    moral of that story, never finish paying off a mortgage, keep a 10k debt average on a revolving credit flexible mortgage with access to 30% (or name your poison) of the home value. Easy and immediate access to the money, don't even have to talk to anyone. A mate in dunedin had the same issue when he wanted to buy shares last march, but he asked to draw down against his equity for "home renovations" and got told "no, you won't be able to get a builder in anyway" - he reflected afterwards he should have said he wanted to use it to buy a boat and a new car...
    Last edited by tommy_d; 16-09-2021 at 04:20 PM.

good point, i haven't talked shares with him for a while. He's a bit limited in what he's allowed to buy cos blah blah market rules etc

actually - he did say "bro, don't quit your job and take a year off - you should be earning and saving and hitting that capital base"

oh well. I'll be unemployed two weeks from now. Guess i didn't take his advice on that one either. Next he'll be telling me not to head to europe without a plan, following that advice for now.
    Last edited by tommy_d; 16-09-2021 at 04:23 PM.

I had a 200k Flexi facility last year in March, dropped most of it on HGH, OCA and ANZ. Very uneducated about the share market but it seemed like a good idea according to my gut. Jumped in early April, have learned many lessons on how to position yourself to maximise capability. I’ve fixed most of the lending now but still have a 50K Flexi.

We’ve got two new builds on the go and our place being renovated but our account and the portfolio balance keeps growing. Looking forward to watching OCA grow. Thanks to Mav and other top posters in the thread for helping our success.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    I had a 200k Flexi facility last year in March, dropped most of it on HGH, OCA and ANZ. Very uneducated about the share market but it seemed like a good idea according to my gut. Jumped in early April, have learned many lessons on how to position yourself to maximise capability. I’ve fixed most of the lending now but still have a 50K Flexi.

We’ve got two new builds on the go and our place being renovated but our account and the portfolio balance keeps growing. Looking forward to watching OCA grow. Thanks to Mav and other top posters in the thread for helping our success.
    That’s awesome to hear. Always enjoy the success stories of others. I wish I had the kahunas to go in big after the first drop last year. I bought some OCA for under 50 cents, but should have gone to town at the time. Oh well hindsight I’m still a happy Chappy

Here is my first post in this forum. Thank you all for sharing information and analysis. I bought my first OCA shares today, hope will get some good returns as I am still learning how to invest in NZX

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrankF View Post
    Here is my first post in this forum. Thank you all for sharing information and analysis. I bought my first OCA shares today, hope will get some good returns as I am still learning how to invest in NZX
    Welcome to the forum Frank. Enjoy the ride.

2 new Board Member's

OCEANIA WELCOMES TWO NEW DIRECTORS TO THE BOARD
    The Oceania Board announced today that it has appointed Rob Hamilton and Peter Dufaur as independent non-executive directors. The appointments will take effect from 17 September 2021.
    Mr Hamilton is a respected member of the capital markets and finance community in New Zealand, with more than 30 years’ experience in senior executive roles. Mr Hamilton is currently a Director of Tourism Holdings Limited (including Chair of the Audit Committee). He was previously Chief Financial Officer at SkyCity Entertainment Group Limited and a Managing Director and Head of Investment Banking at Jarden (formerly First NZ Capital). Rob is also a member of the Auckland Grammar School Board of Trustees and has previously been a Board member on the New Zealand Olympic Committee.
    Mr Dufaur has over 25 years’ experience in the New Zealand property market, including 10 years as Head of Development for Goodman Property Trust. During his time at Goodman Property Trust, Mr Dufaur was responsible for all of the Trust’s development activity and oversaw more than $1.5 billion of successful property development. Peter also sits on several private enterprise boards, including until recently, Chair of building products manufacturer Thermakraft. Peter is currently the Managing Director of Mayfair Group Limited, which is involved in property development, asset management and funds management across a wide variety of sectors in the New Zealand property market.
    Oceania Chair Elizabeth Coutts said “We are delighted to have people of Rob and Peter’s calibre join our Board. They both bring an extensive range of skills and insights that they have gained from previous leadership roles within the finance and construction sectors. We are looking forward to Rob and Peter joining the Board and making a significant contribution to the future growth and success of Oceania.”
    The Board has determined that Mr Hamilton and Mr Dufaur are Independent Directors pursuant to the NZX Listing Rules. Mr Hamilton and Mr Dufaur will hold office until Oceania’s next Annual Shareholders Meeting, at which point they will stand for election by shareholders.

And welcome to the two new directors

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...294/354891.pdf

I see Greekwatchdog beat me to it.