sharetrader
Page 1000 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 500900950990996997998999100010011002100310041010105011001500 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,000 of 19415

Quote Originally Posted by FatTed View Post
    In a population that is 90% vaccinated the unvaccinated will become the vulnerable population and gradually die off.
    Just lets hope they don't occupy too much valuable ICU space during the process of "dying off", shall we?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Thats the real danger the Health system being overwhelmed, it has no spare capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by FatTed View Post
    Thats the real danger the Health system being overwhelmed, it has no spare capacity.
    So true ... and this is my real beef with the anti-vaxxers. No issue if they go after catching the virus just to a lonely place and quietly roll up, but the problem is they first infect plenty of others and then they try to monopolize rare health resources which others would need as well.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

so much yawnsville

give it a rest on every fricken thread.

lovin those Melbourne tradies I reckon they'll know how to stick it to a mandate.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    That’s how life works. The smart strong genes pass on while the dumb genes die away 
    That's not how genetics works Rawz. The less able can breed and pass on their genes easily enough before they die away!

How many people die of obesity/drinking/drugs/stupidity BEFORE they have kids? If they dies of those things after they have kids it is too late!

We ought to be feeding our children loads of fast food and exposing them to pollution BEFORE they even get to their teens -- that way the ones that have genetic characteristics resistant to those factors will have a chance to shine BEFORE they have children.

Govt looking at mandating the vaccine for healthcare workers. Seems fair enough to me. Really good way to weed out of the system those that don't really put the needs of those they're serving as their number one priority. Really...if the needs of the most vulnerable are not front and central to all healthcare workers thinking then its crystal clear they've chosen the wrong occupation and need to move on.

Chippies will be back in full swing today working on OCA's new villages.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-09-2021 at 02:33 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Chippies will be back in full swing today working on OCA's new villages.
    I went for a swab test early this morning. There were lots of tradies and construction vehicles on the road (Botany-East Auckland.) It was like rush hour ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I can easily foresee the day where unvaccinated people are treated like second class high risk citizens. Entry to all sorts of venues will be off limits and they will find it hard to get employment in any role that involves front line service to the public. Their choice but there will be consequences that flow from that choice.
    already the case in several countries in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_d View Post
    already the case in several countries in Europe.
    Yep over here in London I have a NHS confirmation card in my Apple Wallet on my phone for double vaccination - recently to go to a music festival this had to be shown or proof of a negative test within 48hrs. People and the Govt are lukewarm on vaccine passporting in general, but it seems like it's at the discretion of organisers to what the rules are. Legislation about to be passed around mandatory vaccination for care home staff from next month I believe.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

What a treat on the iPad this morning! I see an advert pop up for Eden now selling.
    That just might save the HY1 result to some degree.
    I recently recalculated/posted a ho- hum result because of Aucklands longer lockdown but this offers a glimmer of hope and suggests it might not be too bad after all .

SUM said recently 60% of their new offerings were pre sold so logically OCA should have some presales sneak in before month end too . I do know the Sands and Meadow bank sold the most expensive stuff first when they opened. To be clear OCA have never mentioned anything about presales so I'm just joining my own dots here.
    Regardless whether they sell many this 1HY , because they delivered on time they will sell a nice bunch this FY no doubt whatsoever.

Looks like despite the lockdown and chronic supply issues that OCA has managed to deliver on its original schedule . (Eden was there only scheduled completion this 1HY.). They have never missed a target yet despite some enormous disruptions, well done guys.
    Last edited by Maverick; 23-09-2021 at 07:29 AM.