sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    One of the most pumped stocks so not surprised .......

Disc:hold buy $1 still plenty of unknown headwinds
    lol pumped like it was the messiah arrival , yet the market remains unconvinced and the disciples have gone all quiet ?
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

the markets is now counting the Dog days of summer...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    the markets is now counting the Dog days of summer...
    The markets - and many people - are jittery with the Omicron hordes knocking at the gates of Aotearoa. How will Omicron affect retirement villages and rest homes? NZ was comparatively successful at keeping the previous Covid variants out of retirement villages and rest homes. However can Omicron be kept out of the Hermit Kingdom forever?

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    lol pumped like it was the messiah arrival , yet the market remains unconvinced and the disciples have gone all quiet ?
    Ill respond to that Bull, although I know I shouldn't.

Sure I get it that unresearched investors and traders will be well concerned ( or happy ) about the share price movements of the last few months . But as a long term holder what is there to really talk about of value or even just kicking a ball around since their 1HY report?

As someone primarily interested in the business rather than SP, the only tit bits that are of note to me since HY report to bother commenting on are;
    -SUM sales for the recent 3rd quarter are strong.
    -HPI is still increasing , although significantly slowing and median house prices remain at very elevated levels,
    -NZ vaccination rates have since increased further to have reached very healthy levels for the inevitable.
    -RYMAN have this week had this said about them..."Ryman Healthcare is ably coping amid the flood of omicron cases in Australia" ..."we believe Ryman had strong sales in December."...and ..."We believe much of the cost inflation is temporary and can be partly passed on, so we haven't changed our earnings assumptions"
    -The building/supply shortage is obviously not affecting OCA as many feared as it brought its next large delivery forward at Hamilton.
    -Our target clients just got richer and two months older since HY1.

Understandably the share price itself will be upsetting for many but fundamentally OCA is in great shape. As far as Omicrons effect on the business goes IMO I think the Share price has very much overreacted. As Rob Muldoon once said..." it`ll only be half as bad as you think".

(I do not intend to be ramping , I don't care if you buy, hold or sell )
    Last edited by Maverick; 20-01-2022 at 03:14 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post

Sure I get it that unresearched investors and traders will be well concerned ( or happy ) about the share price movements of the last few months . But as a long term holder what is there to really talk about of value or even just kicking a ball around since their 1HY report?

As someone primarily interested in the business rather than SP, the only tit bits that are of note to me since HY report to bother commenting on are;
    -HPI is still increasing , although significantly slowing and median house prices remain at very elevated levels,
    -NZ vaccination rates have since increased further to have reached very healthy levels for the inevitable.
    -RYMAN have this week had this said about them..."Ryman Healthcare is ably coping amid the flood of omicron cases in Australia" ..."we believe Ryman had strong sales in December."...and ..."We believe much of the cost inflation is temporary and can be partly passed on, so we haven't changed our earnings assumptions"
    -The building/supply shortage is obviously not affecting OCA as many feared as it brought its next large delivery forward at Hamilton.

Understandably the share price itself will be upsetting for many but fundamentally OCA is in great shape. As far as Omicrons effect on the business goes IMO I think the Share price has very much overreacted. As Rob Muldoon once said..." it`ll only be half as bad as you think".

Thanks for your excellent post.

to your credit you are a true believer there is no doubt about that. looks like aedern put the sh..ts up all the retirement stocks today
    Last edited by bull....; 20-01-2022 at 04:17 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Next Audited report to be studied like WHS and others. Everything else is speculation.

The market does look like it wants to lighten on some sectors AT PT. (At this point in time).

MR M has done a lot of hard work and hopefully is duly rewarded.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 20-01-2022 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks for your well thought out post Maverick. I'm a long term holder and have managed to free up a couple of lazy sliders for use once this, hopefully, overreaction passes. Once the fear moves through, and this may take awhile, there will be a magical moment where real value can be bought for a song. It's great value now but could become even better. I'm watching closely.

Guru

With everyone on whatch by the time the notification is made if value is reported by either market update or audited results it wont last a morning.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 20-01-2022 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    With everyone on whatch by the time the notification is made if value is reported by either market update or audited results it wont last a morning.
    Does anyone else struggle to interpret anything he says?