sharetrader

Hope Greg buys more Heartland soon ...needs a bit if a boost

Radius going to let visitors

Brent might follow suit seeing he was pretty vocal about the subject last week

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...BPW6AZ7JG36DY/
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Radius going to let visitors

Brent might follow suit seeing he was pretty vocal about the subject last week

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...BPW6AZ7JG36DY/
    Giving the middle finger to the ministry of health, but with very stringent entry conditions. Double vaccinated PLUS confirmation of a negative Covid test within the last 7 days and temperature checks as well and additionally only by appointment. Proof of negative test a bit over the top in my opinion. Double vax plus temperature test plus appointment plus mask wearing should surely be enough ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Giving the middle finger to the ministry of health, but with very stringent entry conditions. Double vaccinated PLUS confirmation of a negative Covid test within the last 7 days and temperature checks as well and additionally only by appointment. Proof of negative test a bit over the top in my opinion. Double vax plus temperature test plus appointment plus mask wearing should surely be enough ?
    I can fully see how it is almost cruel to deny visitors to residents for so long.

However I am not sure how it works with covid requirement. If they receive Health Board funding wouldn't they have to follow the particular Health Board's requirements? I am not sure how many strings are attached to Rest Home registration and funding.

Advanced Member

Dunno....I am not a health expert.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Dunno....I am not a health expert.
    Yeah fair comment I'll leave it to the health experts. I feel pretty strongly about it because I went through some weeks of being denied entry to see my dying Mum earlier this year. Its was bloody tough on everyone and that was just a few weeks. Thankfully in the end we all did get plenty of chances to say our goodbye's so that was nice and she's passed now so we are spared this current emotional torment. I really feel for these people because they're staring down the barrel of not only missing contact for the last 10 weeks but maybe another 10 weeks or who knows how many more as well From an emotional point of view that's excruciatingly painful. You can't hug dying loved ones over the phone !!

Anyway...back to OCA, nice to see it making a start on heading in the right direction.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-10-2021 at 06:30 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

. Proof of negative test a bit over the top in my opinion. Double vax plus temperature test plus appointment plus mask wearing should surely be enough ?
    hesitant about commenting on covid
    as long as they allow some rapid saliva testing and can access for $1 a pop or whatever then seems ok.
    such a hard one for them to risk manage, both on real risk likelihood scenario and on an imagine if a client died how would we look ok risk

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    but that would mean he clearly broke one of the rules.

so we can infer the result is within guidance (even more than we usually can)
    My take is that he wanted to buy earlier but they were looking at the possible acquisition of Arena so he was precluded from buy/sell. Once Arena was purchased by Arvida, he was free to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    My take is that he wanted to buy earlier but they were looking at the possible acquisition of Arena so he was precluded from buy/sell. Once Arena was purchased by Arvida, he was free to go.
    I don't think that theory holds water. Please see this article which tends to support the proposition that the acquisition of Arena was not a contested process
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...55LCABO3R6DQM/
    Excerpt Arena is owned by funds management advisors and one of the world's largest alternative asset managers, Blackstone, which has head offices in New York. Nicholl said he had been dealing with Blackstone people in Sydney. "We've been talking over the last few months. It came about via existing relationships. We got into an exclusive due diligence position," Nicoll said.

Whatever the case my be about Mr Tomlinson's buying its nice to see this beached "whale" get a bit of a lift this week.

SEAL.jpg

Apparently elephant seals can move quite quickly so you never know...
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-10-2021 at 06:05 PM.

Banned

This Whale has started the short week back on the beach. Lol