sharetrader
Page 1973 of 1973 FirstFirst ... 973147318731923196319691970197119721973
Results 19,721 to 19,728 of 19728
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post

A bigger problem is a low wage economy, it is negligibly worth going to work when the costs associated with working are barely even covered by the wage compared to a benefit. I have listened to people from the UK saying this is exactly what is happening there.
    Agreed. Zero incentive to get off the benefit and work full time when you are effectively working for $4 or $5 an hour.

Membaa

“Bellevue is a finalist in the Retirement Living and Aged Care category for the upcoming Property Council New Zealand Property Industry Awards.

The development comprises 68 independent living apartments and 71 assisted living care suites.“

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    “Bellevue is a finalist in the Retirement Living and Aged Care category for the upcoming Property Council New Zealand Property Industry Awards.

The development comprises 68 independent living apartments and 71 assisted living care suites.“
    Winner wil be The Helier

After all the category is sponsored by Oceania

Couldn’t allow a Ryman or Summerset or Metlifecare place win

https://www.propertynz.co.nz/property-industry-awards
    Last edited by winner69; Yesterday at 07:24 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Agreed. Zero incentive to get off the benefit and work full time when you are effectively working for $4 or $5 an hour.
    How many unemployed people have you known?

I have dealt with many hundreds. Almost all of them (bar twenty or so) would have preferred to have a job rather than be on a benefit.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    How many unemployed people have you known?

I have dealt with many hundreds. Almost all of them (bar twenty or so) would have preferred to have a job rather than be on a benefit.
    Work/activity just follows some people wherever they go, others manage to avoid it. For better or worse I'm in the former group and managed to make a few dollars along the way

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Winner wil be The Helier

After all the category is sponsored by Oceania

Couldn’t allow a Ryman or Summerset or Metlifecare place win

https://www.propertynz.co.nz/property-industry-awards
    Can always rely on you for a cynical spin. To be sure, Oceania have no say in the judging and frankly as category sponsor I think it will work against them (the optics and all that). Besides, I would doubt that the Helier could win, it is too niche high end, unique and not typical of any other NZ RV's, it's targeting the very wealthy who have no need for government subsidies and want a '5 star hotel' style retirement living with all the bells and whistles. Bellevue on the other hand is pure RV, continuum of care and exceptional quality. I think it has a better chance of winning than The Helier.

Membaa

I really wish and would like for all of you who have no interest in discussing OCA here, just far cough. The OCA thread is not a proxy thread for all that ails mankind, nor is it a repository for bored non-never-shareholders to vent their spleen on numerous other unrelated matters. Go away, find somewhere else to express your views on non-OCA matters.

All of the arguing on here is exactly why I would never consider living in one of these Villages.

From an investment point of view. I will invest at rock bottom prices. OCA is not at the bottom yet as this cycle still has time to run.