sharetrader
Page 742 of 1961 FirstFirst ... 24264269273273873974074174274374474574675279284212421742 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,420 of 19602

We know from the annual meeting address in late Sept that the first quarter sales, (June to August 2020) were up 26% on pcp and that there were many high value Meadowbank and Sands units involved.

I wonder how Q2 sales are going as we draw this second quarter to a close. Hmmm
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-11-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

awaiting market update.. and what does MR B think about ARG...

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    first time i seen a sub holder since mac quarie selling ... wow
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

wall of money .......waiting for the numbers... show us the numbers ...

it could just be a re balance into another product or even a brainless panic sell... remember they might also have need to raise capital for something...they are only a bank, not a brains trust. remember the banking enquiry.. i have met with a local bank sale investment guy several times over the last 24 months and brains trust not... more like a slick second hand car sales man.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opi...housing-market

house prices going down soon? well prehaps not yet...
    Last edited by Waltzing; 28-11-2020 at 05:09 PM.

House prices continue to increase https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/money...ationally.html

That LTI scheme they told us about the other day - apparently we need to wait until the 2021 Annual Report to find out what the UESP (Underlying Earnings per Share) growth targets are - ie what Earl et al will get their bonus on. Bit of a lack of transparency here I reckon

Probably they'll consult with Jarden/Forbar to get a nice easy growth target so we as shareholders can throw an easy few mill Earls way

Incentives align execs interests with shareholders - a big signal that money/profits come first and everything else doesn't really matter. I'd prefer Earl et all were paid their bonus on a residents/patient satisfaction rating/score or even a staff engagement number - that's aligning exec interests with what really matters
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

DeletedDeleted

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That LTI scheme they told us about the other day - apparently we need to wait until the 2021 Annual Report to find out what the UESP (Underlying Earnings per Share) growth targets are - ie what Earl et al will get their bonus on. Bit of a lack of transparency here I reckon

Probably they'll consult with Jarden/Forbar to get a nice easy growth target so we as shareholders can throw an easy few mill Earls way

Incentives align execs interests with shareholders - a big signal that money/profits come first and everything else doesn't really matter. I'd prefer Earl et all were paid their bonus on a residents/patient satisfaction rating/score or even a staff engagement number - that's aligning exec interests with what really matters
    $517K is his salary last year as disclosed in the 2020 annual report. (Some glorified bus drivers at Air New Zealand are earning more). I think that's the lowest CEO's salary I can ever recall and I think he is a very capable leader so there's no question in my mind that his base salary is very fair and reasonable indeed ! It's not easy at all being a CEO especially in these extraordinarily trying times, just look at how many CEO's of other listed companies have resigned because of the pressure, (hope he doesn't). LTI thing probably is suboptimal disclosure but lets not jump to any conclusions yet.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-12-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Why the unnecessary disparaging of a respected profession where a bad day at work can result in over 300 people dying not to mention incredibly volatile job security and a massive personal outlay for training. I don't see how that is relevant to this thread either. If Earl or most other CEOs make an error of judgement the only thing usually hurt is a balance sheet.

If you want to gripe about professionals in society that aren't part of the F.I.R.E. club start a thread on off-market.