sharetrader
Page 1002 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 250290295299299899910001001100210031004100510061012105211021502 ... LastLast
Results 10,011 to 10,020 of 19773

Don't panic. if you can afford to buy more, take advantage of the situation. I wish I had some spare cash to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Can everyone just stop selling OCA shares at such low prices. I want the SP to go up and the only way that will happen is if everyone stops giving these away so cheaply!

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    Maybe Earl and Stockton selling more shares...
    There's nothing I can see that's unusual in the trading data today, no big crossings off-market or any very large on-market trades, just steady downdraft all day and a 2 cent dump into the close.

Volume overall was also modest. There's an increasing number of very small / low value trades each day.

Bit unusual to see chart gaps on OCA, especially on no news (that I'm aware of), last down gap on open was the cap raise announce at $1.30 when the SP was about $1.39 at the time.

So no clues that I can see, maybe some got triggered by the fall through 50EMA and then again through the 100EMA. Interesting it landed perfectly on the 61.8% Fib retrace.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Don't panic. if you can afford to buy more, take advantage of the situation. I wish I had some spare cash to do so.
    I already have more than I ought. I got more in March last year at "proper discount" prices and want to "rebalance" ... but being a bit greedy have targeted somewhere in the low 1.60's to do so. But the SP has stubbornly, frustratingly, refused to go there!

https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/articl...or+27+Sep+2021

AIR up 3.5% and OCA down about the same. Very strange times. Delta blues sending people a bit loopy ?

My day is best summed up with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d1_mBBmOZg
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-09-2021 at 07:59 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

I agree longterm this is an amazing share

Interesting article I just read, which supports my predictions re a future dementia crisis.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...r-year--report

Providers need to start planning for this now. I also think they need to re-think current models of care for dementia. This would be my dream model. I would love to see OCA take the lead with something like this.

https://thehawthorndale.co.nz/

Having tried to get my Dad, suffering from dementia, into a care home in the UK a few years ago, I wish I could have found something like that justakiwi

Can only think this sell off is as a result of the threat of increasing interest rates. And if course the future hyperinflation and collapse of the money supply. OCA as I see it is well placed to weather most financial future adjustments. After all they have just raised over a 100mill at 3%, and last I heard people are not going to stop getting older. Hyperinflation will only benefit residential villages as soon they wont be able to build anymore at todays prices.(even though we all think they are currently exorbitant) I believe many older people will preempt selling their properties and moving into residential care while residential property is at a high. So who is selling, perhaps margin traders, borrowers who financed their share purchases, small holders, panickers, etc. When do we start buying? If it gets below $1.40 I am all in, even though I am so overweight in OCA.

Advanced Member

In a market where its getting harder to find undervalued stocks, OCA looks like a winner to me.
    Not complaining about the current SP, provides an opportunity for a top up.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Can everyone just stop selling OCA shares at such low prices. I want the SP to go up and the only way that will happen is if everyone stops giving these away so cheaply!
    I am wondering if some investors have been spooked by The Retirement Village Residents Ass. Claim that The Retirement Companies run a quasi-Ponzi schem (with respect to ORAs). For some, they may see that as adding an element of political risk if Labour take up the lance to try to supposedly act as a warrior for fairness. Adding in the current hyper-inflated state of residential property values may be enough for some to be cautious.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 28-09-2021 at 12:03 PM.