sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Not everyone has buckets of cash sitting around ready to use when an opportunity arises like this one. If you have ever read anything I have posted, you know my situation. Sharesies made it possible for me to get back into investing, on a below average income. Not all my orders are this small, but if I have a spare $20 or $30, why would I not use it to buy additional shares?

Every dollar invested is a dollar working for me. My portfolio has grown from $2000 just over two years ago, to $22,000 today. I could never have achieved that without the ability to place small orders.
    I buy in '$5' increments on 12 shares, every... single... day. I say '$5' as its higher or lower depending on the movement - more if its lower, less if its higher, as I'm value averaging in. Allows you to act like a bot to get a low average buy price (only takes 3 minutes a day to get all the trades done). I dont have a lump sum either (for this portfolio) - so invest slowly what you've got when you can. You'd get slaughtered in fees on any other platform.

I think the Sharesies type platforms are underrated with how many more strategies you can try.

Guru

average trade this morning is about vol 15000.

to make money on the platforms likes Direct you need to buy at the best rate.

bigger buying support starting to play in.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 08-10-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Price relativity to NTA is a big factor to be considered here.
    Value is a scarcity.........history shows scarcities tend to outperform. ‘
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Value is a scarcity.........history shows scarcities tend to outperform. ‘
    Yes. Premium to NTA of OCA as at 31/03/21 of $1.20 and not including work in progress on developments 8 cps and discount on unsold units about another 8 cps, so adjusted fair value NTA as at 31 March 2021 was about $1.36 and the real estate market has gone up very strongly since then so OCA trading right on, or very close too fair normalized value NTA at $1.41. On the other hand the closest is ARV at 46% premium to NTA, (will be a bit lower if you normalise it like for OCA) and SUM 2.1 x NTA and RYM 2.7 x NTA.

We know the real earnings with OCA is the net increase in NTA + dividends paid during the year
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-10-2021 at 10:35 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investments

Continuous supplier @ 1.42 .... in lots of 50,000
    Last edited by alokdhir; 08-10-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Continuous supplier @ 1.42 .... in lots of 50,000
    Mark Stockton still had 1,700,000 shares not long ago, Earl 1,000,000 - I honestly think this is just overhang and they've both decided to sell.

Marks Linkedin mentions he resigns from his role to pursue other exciting opportunities - needs the money most likely.

I have just spoken to my broker who said that their well respected analyst is not so positive on Oceania and thinks that there is institutional selling due to the risks that he’s highlighted. Unlike Rym or Sum it’s a high care model (was nearly half) so real pressure on wages plus the added CVD costs. Also the risks of capital gain are to the downside with interest rates on the move. He thinks it will continue to go down in price.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Mark Stockton still had 1,700,000 shares not long ago, Earl 1,000,000 - I honestly think this is just overhang and they've both decided to sell.

Marks Linkedin mentions he resigns from his role to pursue other exciting opportunities - needs the money most likely.
    You could well be right though it seems odd to me that they would sell by slowly drip feeding into the market, which has such low daily volume (relatively), when any reputable broker could find buyer(s) for a few million shares - only 0.38% of the total float.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Not everyone has buckets of cash sitting around ready to use when an opportunity arises like this one. If you have ever read anything I have posted, you know my situation. Sharesies made it possible for me to get back into investing, on a below average income. Not all my orders are this small, but if I have a spare $20 or $30, why would I not use it to buy additional shares?

Every dollar invested is a dollar working for me. My portfolio has grown from $2000 just over two years ago, to $22,000 today. I could never have achieved that without the ability to place small orders.
    I say good on you! Small orders compound over time if fees kept in check (thanks to sharsies) and they keep you mentally engaged on the market and your investments. Kudos.

when delta infects the retirement villages and it will ( big risk factor ) , stocks in the sector will re-act downwards

In australia the latest outbreak has been led by unvaxed workers

Delta variant drives concerns about outbreaks at long-term care facilities

the unvaxed workers are spreading it rife

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ities-n1275566

Retirement village operators have been advised that they cannot require staff to be vaccinated, unless the staff member occupies a “high risk” role

Some large villages require new employees to be vaccinated. Ryman Healthcare introduced that in April last year and Summerset Group also now requires that of new employees

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/126...d-to-residents

the market will re-act to the first signs of contagion in villages and in fact it already is with the sector not per-forming at all the last mth since the govt change of strategy from elimination to living with it

Officials in some states have begun sounding the alarm about outbreaks among long-term care facilities and nursing homes as delta variant fuels cases.
    one step ahead of the herd