sharetrader

No, it wasn't that, but it doesn't matter. I'll go back and delete my post - should have counted to 10 before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Perhaps someone took offence at the reference to "buckets of cash sitting around"?

Membaa

I think it is a terrific move by the government to mandate full vaccination for ALL health care workers, including retirement/elder care (and education for that matter). Removes any doubt, that from December 1st, all workers in health care are fully vaccinated and have the best protection available for our most vulnerable population. No jabs no job.

I expect this will alleviate some of the tension in the market around concern for Covid getting into the retirement/care sector.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    There is always a risk that covid will get in. But as I have said before, the vast majority of residents and staff will already be fully vaccinated. Hopefully, that will reduce the risk of anyone who gets it, getting seriously ill. Yes, no doubt some will, but I am hopeful that most will not.

Secondly, also as I have said before, providers will continue to put restrictions in place as needed, regardless of what is happening outside in terms of levels. They will always err on the side of caution.

And finally, even if the worst scenario happens, the people living in these villages/care facilities, have nowhere else to go. This is their home. So, the likes of RYM, SUM and OCA will continue to exist. They provide an aged care service that is needed. We cannot do without them. So yes, there may be temporary "set backs" but in the long run, they will be fine.

JMHO for what its worth.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Disgraceful.
    You are going great guns.
    I enjoy reading your posts, and noting how much you are achieving .
    I agree completely and am shocked as there is nothing in justakiwi's post that is offensive imo. I would like to know who would stoop to giving bad rep for something so innocuous, not to mention it being a great story. I'm very proud of justakiwi and I don't even know them, their story I have recounted to my children, as motivation for what can be achieved in building ones wealth by investing, from nothing. The only thing justakiwi has ever hinted at being remorseful about is to not have started sooner.

It will be interesting for sure. I didn't see any mention of exemptions for those with medical reasons not be be vaccinated. I can't imagine they could force staff in that category to be vaccinated OR to have their employment terminated. Perhaps they will get around it by mandating masks (to be worn always, not just at certain lock down levels).

I will be interested to see what happens at work as there is one staff member I know of who has made it very clear they will not be vaccinated (not for health reasons). Going to be very interesting to see how upper management handles it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I think it is a terrific move by the government to mandate full vaccination for ALL health care workers, including retirement/elder care (and education for that matter). Removes any doubt, that from December 1st, all workers in health care are fully vaccinated and have the best protection available for our most vulnerable population. No jabs no job.

I expect this will alleviate some of the tension in the market around concern for Covid getting into the retirement/care sector.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Whats a cent or three between friends and who will care once the sp eventually doubles.
    I like to see you post again Couta, I hope you are right but love the enthusiasm.

still someone selling a lot at the moment. Keep in mind average price is @1.71 on marketscreener.

an announcement for the 100m and financials are around the corner.

Banned

The negative rep was given by Crypto Crude simply because he has bucket loads of cash and JAK doesn't, check it out for yourself and be disgusted, i see he also gave you another one not long ago for similar reasons, extremely uncool.
    Last edited by couta1; 11-10-2021 at 07:13 PM.

I appreciate the support but let's not go there. I wasn't going to name names, but forgot everyone can see rep votes.

OCA is a much more interesting and positive topic of discussion

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The negative rep was given by Crypto Crude simply because he has bucket loads of cash and JAK doesn't, check it out for yourself and be disgusted, i see he also gave you another one not long ago for similar reasons, extremely uncool.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I appreciate the support but let's not go there. I wasn't going to name names, but forgot everyone can see rep votes.

OCA is a much more interesting and positive topic of discussion
    After having received a couple myself for random reasons recently its name and shame from me going forward, cowardly covert personal attacks via bad rep comments need to be called out.

The only contraindication to vaccination with the Pfizer jab is anaphylaxis to the vaccination. To be clear we need as many people vaccinated as possible, 15% of the population are under 12, we need 5 year old and upwards to get vaccinated, awaiting FDA report later this month. Also to get the job done properly we all need a third vaccination 6-9 months after the second one.

There are some other legit reasons one might choose not to have the vaccination. We have a gentlemen in our rest home who is turning 105 at Christmas. He chose to pass on it, and I feel that is a legitimate decision for him. We have another resident who has had negative reactions to various vaccines in the past, so she too has chosen not to have it. Again, a legitimate reason for not having it.

Every other resident has had both doses.

My concern is visitors. Down the track, are we going to check visitors vaccination status, and insist that they always wear a mask and continue to only visit their family/friend, in their rooms - forever? Vaccinated visitors to have the freedom to visit anywhere in the home, and no need for masks?

Quote Originally Posted by FatTed View Post
    The only contraindication to vaccination with the Pfizer jab is anaphylaxis to the vaccination. To be clear we need as many people vaccinated as possible, 15% of the population are under 12, we need 5 year old and upwards to get vaccinated, awaiting FDA report later this month. Also to get the job done properly we all need a third vaccination 6-9 months after the second one.