sharetrader
    …just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement mate, to be quite honest, I need it.

Cindy's Kindy lockdown Covid meat-grinder goes on and on and on and...
    nice post Ferg.
    I checked out those trademe listings Beagle and it's frightening how many of theses things are out there but obviously the demand is there because they are all selling faster than ever.

Beagle, I do get your current frustration with OCA share price. But you do know you love the cut and thrust of momentum trading don't you? (Albeit only in solid, dividend paying companies-no rocket lab for you!)
    ARV just bought a shinny new thing , SUMs share price is rocketing away. Meanwhile OCAs SP has the momentum of a beached whale occasionally flapping its tail , doing nothing, going nowhere.

The damn Auckland lockdown (2.5 months is unbelievably long) must exacerbate things as you guys up there probably spend more time than ever watching markets and covid updates with little else to do.

Tell ya what mate, I'd just love to buy you a beer sometime in December when you are out on the ran-tan when AKL is humming once again and OCA is at $1.65.
    Hang in there mate, not long for both of those things now.
    Last edited by Maverick; 19-10-2021 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    nice post Ferg.
    I checked out those trademe listings Beagle and it's frightening how many of theses things are out there but obviously the demand is there because they are all selling faster than ever.

Beagle, I do get your current frustration with OCA share price. But you do know you love the cut and thrust of momentum trading don't you? (Albeit only in solid, decent companies-no rocket lab for you!)
    ARV just bought a shinny new thing , SUMs share price is rocketing away. Meanwhile OCAs SP has the momentum of a beached whale occasionally flapping its tail , doing nothing, going nowhere.

The damn Auckland lockdown (2.5 months is unbelievably long) must exacerbate things as you guys up there probably spend more time than ever watching markets and covid updates with little else to do.

Tell ya what mate, I'd just love to buy you a beer sometime in December when you are out on the ran-tan when AKL is humming once again and OCA is at $1.65.
    Hang in there mate, not long for both of those things now.
    momentum of a beached whale - about sums the results of the year up. Pretty frustrating share to watch meander around. It has a target price still at 1.71$ Pretty clear someone is selling a large amount and has been for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    momentum of a beached whale - about sums the results of the year up. Pretty frustrating share to watch meander around. It has a target price still at 1.71$ Pretty clear someone is selling a large amount and has been for awhile.
    Got to be linked to ARV cap raise? Can't think of anything else?

Alot of patience with this one. But if you got in early April last year your doing well

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    The momentum of a beached whale that spits out a divvy twice a year is massively attractive compared to losing over 2 mill in an ugly milky meltdown and slow moving train wreck that was A2, puts it in perspective don't you think?

Hey Beagle - your frustration re Oceania low (relatively) selling prices

You seem to lay blame at Earl for this and say Brent will sort it out

Hasn't Brent been in charge of the purse strings for a while now - I would have thought he would have had been very influential in how they set prices (as some would say the keeper of the spreadsheets

Maybe it was the old geezer (Development guy) who got the shove just had too much power and it's all fixed now

Whatever Oceania doesn't tell a very good story to the market and that's why the share price is what it is ..... come November and another glossy presentation trying to explain life away the share price will go up to say 160 (fair value) and then give holders another six months of frustration and making us hope that one day Oceania will be seen as great stock to hold (ie re-rated)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

But I thought Oceania had the highest sales margin of any of the operators? Could it be that you can easily fudge the margin by attributing more of the costs to shared facilities (e.g. roads etc). and capitalising those?

Not sure if Oceania is doing this but it’s something I would compare with sum and ryman if I could be bothered. I certainly know that this sort of thing happens on other developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Got to be linked to ARV cap raise? Can't think of anything else?
    ARV stuff all impact ....you just looking for excuses / grasping at straws mate

May as well say it's linked to the rout on the NZ Bond market --- like OCA030 gone from 2.88% to 3.30% yesterday in last few days ... that's huge movement
    Last edited by winner69; 19-10-2021 at 09:14 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The momentum of a beached whale that spits out a divvy twice a year is massively attractive compared to losing over 2 mill in an ugly milky meltdown and slow moving train wreck that was A2, puts it in perspective don't you think?
    that’s a good point could always to be worse

There's no denying that sp is still low so stop complaining and just keep on buying.