sharetrader

I don’t think it’s a single seller, the market could be concerned that our current nursing shortage will look cute looking back in 6 months time when our health-system could be terminal from the effects of Covid-19. Remember you can still end up in hospital after 2 shots and our health staffing and infrastructure are an embarrassment.

Our residential property bubble is also ripe for a good pop as interest rates rise and some kiwi’s learn a hard lesson about diversification and leverage.

Happy to hold but these two risks are very real imo.
    Last edited by allfromacell; 26-10-2021 at 03:25 PM.

Yes and as discussed before you never really know what Spindy's woke kindy will come up with next either.

Next king tide is due in late November, maybe we can float this whale then ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

It would be really nice if we could enjoy discussions on OCA and other companies, without the constant political commentary. Can we please just stick to the subject and keep the government/Jacinda bashing for the other thread? That way, those of us who don't want or need to hear it, can avoid that thread and keep our sanity.

Please.

Human nature is that people will discuss anything they perceive as relevant to the risks and opportunities of any company in that companies thread.
    Expecting otherwise is unrealistic.

P.S. Next high tide has just been confirmed as Monday morning 29 November. Lets hope its a king tide and we can refloat this whale
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/381579
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-10-2021 at 04:16 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    It would be really nice if we could enjoy discussions on OCA and other companies, without the constant political commentary. Can we please just stick to the subject and keep the government/Jacinda bashing for the other thread? That way, those of us who don't want or need to hear it, can avoid that thread and keep our sanity.

Please.
    Government policy is highly relevant to this thread

Results out Monday 29th.jusy one month to wait

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Human nature is that people will discuss anything they perceive as relevant to the risks and opportunities of any company in that companies thread.
    Expecting otherwise is unrealistic.

P.S. Next high tide has just been confirmed as Monday morning 29 November. Lets hope its a king tide and we can refloat this whale
    bring on the 29th OCA should report every 3m. 6m way too long in this wild world.

They sux. Communication to shareholders is nothing short of abysmal compared to the other listed operators. Best they look up communication and see what it mean's. Any wonder its treated like a beetlebomb.

I agree. Summerset have quarterly sales updates and Arvida have regular investor news updates which amount to interim updates between the half and full year reporting dates.

Its a long time between drinks with OCA and its market updates...too long. In due course I might have a word with the chief about that.

I agree but that's not what I am referring to. I am talking about the never ending stream of immature, childish ranting about Jacinda, and anyone who supports Labour. Those comments achieve nothing, and are not relevant to an adult discussion about OCA. There is at least one other thread here that people can (and do) use to express those views. I don't think it's too much to ask, for people to use that thread for that purpose. Some of us want to participate in a mature and useful discussion here, without the distraction of unnecessary political rants. I doubt I am the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Government policy is highly relevant to this thread