sharetrader

justakiwi. I admire your constraint. And I totally concur with your opinion. I am surprised that contributors on this topic, who have valuable and instructive thoughts on OCA, should have such trivial childish opinions on a topic that is accounted for elsewhere. Stick to the knitting!!

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I agree but that's not what I am referring to. I am talking about the never ending stream of immature, childish ranting about Jacinda, and anyone who supports Labour. Those comments achieve nothing, and are not relevant to an adult discussion about OCA. There is at least one other thread here that people can (and do) use to express those views. I don't think it's too much to ask, for people to use that thread for that purpose. Some of us want to participate in a mature and useful discussion here, without the distraction of unnecessary political rants. I doubt I am the only one.
    1. Last week you complained that the posts in this thread were too negative. I am sorry that you appear to have no perspective for the hell Aucklanders are going through doing it so hard for the rest of New Zealand and sorry we can't all behave like everything is a whole barrel of fluffy ducks all the time. It isn't.

2. This week you're complaining about political aspects despite Labour now having a track record of passing legislation that radically undermines property investors rights that have existed for over 100 years. If you think there isn't legislative risk here you're very sadly mistaken.

What makes you think you have the right to ask for others to modify their posting style to suit your tastes ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-10-2021 at 05:48 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Yes I'm afraid the current Govt are completely unpredictable and make up policy on the fly so they are indeed a very real risk to a company such as this, on the one hand they can't do without the services that OCA provide but will that be enough to stop them interfering?

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yes I'm afraid the current Govt are completely unpredictable and make up policy on the fly so they are indeed a very real risk to a company such as this, on the one hand they can't do without the services that OCA provide but will that be enough to stop them interfering?
    Who knows mate and that's why it pays to stay well diversified.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

There was nothing aggressive in my post. Assertive maybe, but not aggressive. But you my friend, are of course entitled to your opinion.

I stand by my comments and request, which was made politely and respectfully. I had hoped that you might be mature enough to understand where I was coming from, but apparently not. Real shame.

Clearly it is time to look for an alternative to ST. There is now very little learning to be done here. Almost every thread turns into a political rant, and I for one, am tired of it. I get enough of it at work. I don't need it here.

You can keep (and enjoy) your OCA/anti Jacinda diatribe thread. I will stick to the more mature discussions from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    WOW - Okay I am going to weigh in here since you started this and are the tone of the above is unnecessary.
    1. Last week you complained that the posts in this thread were too negative. I am sorry that you appear to have no perspective for the hell Aucklanders are going through doing it so hard for the rest of New Zealand and sorry we can't all behave like everything is a whole barrel of fluffy ducks all the time. It isn't.
    2. This week you're complaining about political aspects despite this bunch of armatures now having a track record of passing legislation that radically undermines property investors rights that have existed for over 100 years. If you think there isn't legislative risk here you're sadly mistaken.

What makes you think you have the right to ask for others to modify their posting style to suit your tastes ?

People will post whatever they like, negative and positive that's relevant and we're not here to kowtow to your requests and pet likes and dislikes.

Frankly I'm very disappointed with the very aggressive tone of your post.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 26-10-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Maybe if you had serious money invested in real estate you would have an understanding of what it feels like for the Government to strip away the right to claim interest deductibility on rental properties and undermine the rights of investors that have existed for more than 100 years ? Its easy to be dispassionate when you're not affected.

You get delivered regular information nuggets of gold on this forum from highly experienced investors like me and many others. Here's a thought, why not just be appreciative for all those gifts rather than complaining about and critiquing the wrapper they come in ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-10-2021 at 06:30 PM.

Membaa

Does anyone remember when OCA listed on the ASX and why, did they provide any reasoning? I ask because it seems the high cost of listing, plus ongoing costs of compliance reporting and yet the volume of trades is pitiful.

Maybe if you had serious money invested in real estate you would have an understanding of what it feels like for the Government to strip away the right to claim interest deductibility on rental properties and undermine the rights of investors that have existed for more than 100 years ? Its easy to be dispassionate when you're not affected.

You get delivered regular information nuggets of gold on this forum from highly experienced investors like me and many others. Here's a thought, why not just be appreciative for all those gifts rather than complaining about and critiquing the wrapper they come in ?

The pain in Auckland is huge, small businesses failing almost daily. The tax on investors is the same as a lot of moves of this unpredictable government. It’s relevant that we have a very unstable government for any share across the market.

if the government wernt laser focused on killing all small businesses and taxing as much as they can with the ruse of keeping you safe. I’m sure they would try ruin the retirement sector as well without understanding it.

we shall see. I’m in Auckland and have a large holding in OCA and properties.

Would you like me to make a list of all the "thank yous" I have posted here since I joined? Plus all the private messages I have sent many people? Oh, and I almost forgot, the emails I have sent a select few, behind the scenes.

You are lucky I didn't read this until after I messaged you earlier.

Last edited by justakiwi; 26-10-2021 at 07:34 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    The tax on investors is the same as a lot of moves of this unpredictable government. It’s relevant that we have a very unstable government for any share across the market.
    NZX has doubled since 2017