sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    probably my personal experience as a care custodian to someone who was in bupa. after they passed i was told to get there possessions out within 2 days ( not withstanding i lived in a different town ) as they needed the room for someone else. on the way out of this facility i was handed a bill for the ambulance that took them to hospital. they were not a very caring outfit i can honestly say.
    Not surprised, don't get me started on Bupa.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    Generally speaking this is of my experience of grandparents in rest homes, reading, seeing, hearing about on social media...
    My Nana could not eat the resthome food it was torture for her... no flavour or seasoning... I seen the food with my own eyes it was horrible...
    Some of these tenures are contracts for life... so when morale and quality of life goes down then ->

These are businesses aswell remember... and whats the most important goal of any business -> maximize profits...
    The care my father got was second to none.
    The food was great.
    I don't doubt that there are some bad rest homes but I doubt that it is a rule across the board.

Businesses can care for their customers also - maximise profits while providing what the customer pays for.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    lol cant quite understand why you have not been torched for making such a suggestion
    I guess most people have the troll on ignore ... but hey, thanks for giving him oxygen.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    Generally speaking this is of my experience of grandparents in rest homes, reading, seeing, hearing about on social media...
    My Nana could not eat the resthome food it was torture for her... no flavour or seasoning... I seen the food with my own eyes it was horrible...
    Some of these tenures are contracts for life... so when morale and quality of life goes down then ->

These are businesses aswell remember... and whats the most important goal of any business -> maximize profits...

You might not want to hear it but this is the truth...
    cc
    I guess it tells us a lot about you that you allowed your nana to stay in a rest home where she was not well cared for and got cr**py food. You rightly should feel bad about yourself.

Only question I would have - what exactly has this to do with OCA?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I guess it tells us a lot about you that you allowed your nana to stay in a rest home where she was not well cared for and got cr**py food. You rightly should feel bad about yourself.
    Could you be anymore horrible?
    You dont know the situation and here you go leaping in accusing people of horrible deeds. What a nasty thing to do.
    You really need to shut up if you havent got anything nice to say.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Take the generalised bashing of aged care to a new thread please. It does not apply to OCA, and I for one, do not want or need to hear it.

Blackpeter,
    Your a nasty piece of work ...
    That's a mega thumbs down from me...
    cc

Jeepers everybody calm down. Can't we all be respectful to each other everyone has an opinion. Some are probably different to yours. Been so negative and aggressive here lately. Be nice to be a bit more supportive of each other in current times. Life's not that bad

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Could you be anymore horrible?
    You dont know the situation and here you go leaping in accusing people of horrible deeds. What a nasty thing to do.
    You really need to shut up if you havent got anything nice to say.
    I'm on his ignore list cause I stood up to his bully- boy tactics, what a blessing.

Screen-Hunter-730-Nov-02-15-40.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I guess most people have the troll on ignore ... but hey, thanks for giving him oxygen.
    who's the troll
    Last edited by bull....; 02-11-2021 at 03:43 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd