sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by ADogsLife View Post
    I find it interesting many refer to their avg price per share. Personally, this has little bearing on the long term position I take to investing.
    Having acquired a few nice bundles sub $.60 and then again up to the mid $.90's, as a return each have enjoyed exceptional returns in a relatively short timeframe. Over the past few weeks I have again been acquiring at prices between $1.40 and today at $1.31, and I concur with the older dogs on here (Beagle and others) regards their NAV analysis. This gap between news announcements and throwing a few darts I think your numbers are slightly on the conservative end of the spectrum, which is probably a good place to be.

My point; averaging the price suggests I could double my holding at over $2.00 ps and still average below current price. Should I? absolutely not. As and when each purchase is made, I analyse if this the right price to be acquiring here now today, not what I bought at last month or last year. This to me is important as a long term investor versus a trader.

Sure, OCA is proving itself to be boring as bat****. I'm ok with that.

Cin cin ragazzi.
    Boring is good, I look at SCT, a very boring share that quietly achieves…

Doubled my holding today… not sure if I play the same game as you, but buy price now averaged to 1.367. I have a bit more stashed away to double again if it goes south further.

I’m sure COVID is yet to play it’s game in this sector. Cruise ships are a floating Patri dish, like schools. maybe people will start to view through the same light. A few strong rest home breakouts will change the game. Lucky NZ has a really old population with lots of that boomer money to spend.

I think with growth in property values $1.32 is very fair if not cheap, but sellers seem to disagree. Good banter and info on this thread. Thanks to the contributors.

I pretend to clean the pool and listen to what the big dogs say as they spread themselves out on the sun loungers. I've got a spare 100k to spend and may... may... make a purchase before the 29th. I need to think more on this one. Heavens forbid; I may even buy some RYM instead.
    Last edited by Poolboy; 16-11-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Kiwibank just knocked the bottom rung from property ladder for first home buyers .....

Banned

Like basically everyone here I think it is pretty good value right now, only issue is obviously some other parties disagree. Concerned that some have caught wind of very bad news and are abandoning ship. Overweight as it is, and underwater somehow, might just have to wait and see what the result brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    yes oversold... until construction grinds to a halt.. Big builders like this one should continue to be at the front of the queue right?

Recently a professional sold a business in hamilton and bought property up in thames to develop...

All plans for building are on hold and they are now living in a holiday park.
    Mine is still coming along at a great speed, albeit in Wellington. I'm sure the big boys can make it work.

This thread is becoming an echo chamber.

The reality is we are about to live with COVID and will soon see 600, 800, 1000 cases each day. Sooner or later a bunch of retirement villages will get severely impacted by cases and if one or two are OCA villages we will see SP drop even further, maybe 20%- 30%

Disc. Hold.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Kiwibank just knocked the bottom rung from property ladder for first home buyers .....
    The ladder had been incinerated well before the latest move. Don't blame kiwibank for refusing the add fuel to the property inferno.

Guru

Maybe investors could be mandated to invest more offshore. Though I suppose that's commie china sort of thinking.

Most people should be investing in America given the welcome mat to foreign investors.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 17-11-2021 at 04:34 PM.

reached the 1.30 bottom of trading range .... will it hold or will it bust ?
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    reached the 1.30 bottom of trading range .... will it hold or will it bust ?
    Who knows, the whole NZX looks sick so its broad range sentiment across all the sectors.