sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Its only a problem if you have to sell. I hate high share prices. If you have to sell, sell now would always be my advice.
    i like selling when prices are high and then buying back even more when they are lower. eg sold mel at very high prices will buy some day at lower prices than now. missed divs dont matter the gains made give me plenty time to wait for lower prices
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Bull you are the eternal gloom and doom prophet merchant of the retirement stock sector, doubt your going to convince the longs who have multibagged by going long in these companies, your myopic trading glasses have fog on them.
    Last edited by couta1; 19-11-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i like selling when prices are high and then buying back even more when they are lower. eg sold mel at very high prices will buy some day at lower prices than now. missed divs dont matter the gains made give me plenty time to wait for lower prices
    Totally agree this market is a traders market and will be for a while.

The cost of living in retirement has increased nearly 4% in the past year .........

The cost of retirement increases - again - Good Returns

WOW this whole sector has been beaten with the ugly stick. Its depressing.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    WOW this whole sector has been beaten with the ugly stick. Its depressing.
    You've done well enough mate, statistically you're always bound to have a poor performer or two.

Enjoy your weekend and remember that you own the exact same business backed by the same assets as you did 6 weeks ago, the market will do what it does and you'll pickup cheper shares in the DRP.

Everything's good.
    Last edited by allfromacell; 19-11-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    You've done well enough mate, statically you're always bound to have a poor performer or two.

Enjoy your weekend and remember that you own the exact same business backed by the same assets as you did 6 weeks ago, the market will do what it does and you'll pickup cheper shares in the DRP.

Everything's good.
    Thanks mate, appreciated. Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy and expect perfection and that every investment decision I make will be right and every year every share owned will give me a positive outcome. That's not really realistic especially in the circumstances this year.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-11-2021 at 07:02 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks mate, appreciated. Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy and expect perfection and that every investment decision I make will be right and every year every share owned will give me a positive outcome. That's not really realistic especially in the circumstances this year.
    “Just going through a gully. A little gully.”
    - the big short

Question is if this is just a gully. If labour force providers to give or share capital gains it will be a blood bath. If not party on eventually & the best business model around together with long term demographic tailwinds.
    Last edited by Muse; 20-11-2021 at 07:49 AM.

Misogyny rears it's ugly head again. Please stay on topic. I'm here for insights as to what makes this company tick.

The SP drop is concerning, but someone is selling out for various reasons, and there are a lot who are going with the flow. Could be a manipulation preceeding a takeover. I am so overweight now in this sector it scares me a bit, but I feel as a long term hold it will have merit. It would be a bugger if this relates to leaky building issues.