sharetrader
    Advanced Member

I guess I just caught a falling knife. Bought a few more yesterday and am happy for the longterm

It would seem that despite all the covid disruption, retirement villages are doing OK based on other's reporting. Hopefully same for OCA and Brent has turned things around to lift this whale from it NTA plus bugger-all position.

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    It would seem that despite all the covid disruption, retirement villages are doing OK based on other's reporting. Hopefully same for OCA and Brent has turned things around to lift this whale from it NTA plus bugger-all position.
    Yeap...they're a long term thing though so one needs to hold "doggedly" I have decided to see if someone will be silly enough to top me up at $1.27.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yeap...they're a long term thing though so one needs to hold "doggedly" I have decided to see if someone will be silly enough to top me up at $1.27.
    Damn your good at this Beagle! That sniffer of yours just seems to know just when and where to be and across many companies too. Well done.

Beagle's are notorious for always being hungry and sniffing out their next feed lol...but you're too kind...the last 3 months has been quite tough in a lot of ways.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I think I'll wait 'til the country is ravaged by covid then buy a whole lot more at .76

That's if I survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolboy View Post
    I think I'll wait 'til the country is ravaged by covid then buy a whole lot more at .76

That's if I survive.
    me too , will wait till the first few retirement villages are swamped with covid and see what the market re-action is and what happens to the people of cause

Im thinking 2 outcomes possible

the re-sales sky-rocket which would be a + for the bottom lines of the companies
    or re-sales collapse cause of bad perceptions due to covid implications of being in a village.
    one step ahead of the herd

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    me too , will wait till the first few retirement villages are swamped with covid and see what the market re-action is and what happens to the people of cause

the re-sales sky-rocket which would be a + for the bottom lines of the companies
    or re-sales collapse cause of bad perceptions due to covid implications of being in a village.
    If u both think RVs are only in NZ and Covid is a new thing for the world then its easy to keep guessing the outcomes ....

But for me it may have come to the communities in NZ more freely for the first time ...but whole world has already experienced it and survived very well .

Also our markets like all others is equally sharp and has factored in a good chance of what u say will happen ....most likely worst case will not happen ...then soon it will show us in hindsight when was the best time to buy in ...

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post

What do you presume is the alternative option for residents? Live at home? What are the people who need care going to do in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBull View Post
    What do you presume is the alternative option for residents? Live at home? What are the people who need care going to do in your opinion?
    well if you need care guess your choices are limited , if your already in a village guess most wont have the option of going back to there own place will they. people who havnt made a decision on there living outcomes have a choice though depending on the covid outcomes ... to come.

time will tell what the outcomes are for these businesses during a pandemic which nz hasnt fully experienced yet
    Last edited by bull....; 24-11-2021 at 03:13 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd