sharetrader
    Staying hungry, staying foolish

Decrease of 29.6% in operating cash flow (p. 22)

Result just confirms my long time theory in that’s there no money to be made in actually caring for people and running villages on a day to day basis is expensive. ……all profits come from building and selling things.

Seems ‘no money to be made’ is actually losing heaps.

Must have it all wrong though as they say they made $16,291 profit per care bed / suite in the six months (better not tell the government that bit)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    Agreed. Need to hear the bad news too and direct generally works best. It's not all roses out there and companies often gloss over the non-rosy in their reports
    its good that this came out Monday for the market to find it’s feet and feel with financials.

whole market is in an Omicron funk, pretty low trading day for a financials release (at least so far) will be interested to see how the big players rerate OCA and for operators in this sector with all the goings on whole sector is being a little shunned at the moment.

great to see decent divi back, that softens my unhappy Auckland blues.

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    its good that this came out Monday for the market to find it’s feet and feel with financials.

whole market is in an Omicron funk, pretty low trading day for a financials release (at least so far) will be interested to see how the big players rerate OCA and for operators in this sector with all the goings on whole sector is being a little shunned at the moment.

great to see decent divi back, that softens my unhappy Auckland blues.

Haven’t had a chance to read fully or listen to their presentation. Did they mention why they are increasing the dividend?

At first glance it seems to counter the point of raising the 100mil earlier in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    Agreed. Need to hear the bad news too and direct generally works best. It's not all roses out there and companies often gloss over the non-rosy in their reports
    Thanks and I agree that seems to be a widespread practice with company reporting, hence the value of a robust debate on here.

DK - dividend increase appears to be a return to normal practice of paying out 50-60% of underlying profit, (which is the expected range they stated as their dividend policy when they listed), with this one being the mid point at 55%. I am not sure why they were so miserable with last years interim dividend at just 1.3 cps. I have taken shares in lieu of dividend for quite some time now but am underwater with the last two which were issued at $1.53 and $1.404 respectively. I'd be super disappointed if in due course I was underwater this time as well.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-11-2021 at 04:55 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Result just confirms my long time theory in that’s there no money to be made in actually caring for people and running villages on a day to day basis is expensive. ……all profits come from building and selling things.

Seems ‘no money to be made’ is actually losing heaps.

Must have it all wrong though as they say they made $16,291 profit per care bed / suite in the six months (better not tell the government that bit)
    It has seemed that it is often investing in real estate, especially if leveraged, that brings the best after tax return in NZ…

Does that $16,291 in profit per care bed include both premium and standard beds?

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Unfortunately I saw your snarky post before I logged in so I will respond. You know you're on permanent ignore but regrettably the filter doesn't filter the pollution unless I am logged in. Some of us have serious money invested, not chump change like some others do. If you can't handle a robust adult discussion about the pro's and con's (and its quite obvious you can't from your repeated attempts to moderate the content of this thread) and just want a forum where all members do is pump each others tyres with just the positive stuff then I suggest you go back and stick too your little fakebook group. I do realise that you are one of the beneficiaries of the rampant employee cost inflation we are seeing with caregivers wages...I'll leave it to others to judge if they think your comments are not sullied by this fact...if you must feel the need to keep "contributing" on here. I'll try and log in before looking next time so the filter works immediately
    Ouch Thats unnecessarily harsh Beagle. Not all of us are as rich as you claim to be and what is “chump change” to you might actually be someones hard earned life savings. Some compassion and understanding of other peoples situation wouldn't go amiss in these tough times

percy

Unfortunately I saw your snarky post before I logged in so I will respond. You know you're on permanent ignore but regrettably the filter doesn't filter the pollution unless I am logged in. Some of us have serious money invested, not chump change like some others do. If you can't handle a robust adult discussion about the pro's and con's (and its quite obvious you can't from your repeated attempts to moderate the content of this thread) and just want a forum where all members do is pump each others tyres with just the positive stuff then I suggest you go back and stick too your little fakebook group. I do realise that you are one of the beneficiaries of the rampant employee cost inflation we are seeing with caregivers wages...I'll leave it to others to judge if they think your comments are not sullied by this fact...if you must feel the need to keep "contributing" on here. I'll try and log in before looking next time so the filter works immediately
    Disgraceful....................................... .......

Its in response to a number of personal attacks against me and repeated attempts by the poster in question to moderate out anything they see as negative.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-11-2021 at 06:26 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Its in response to a number of personal attacks against me and repeated attempts by the poster in question to moderate out anything they see as negative.
    That is true Beagle and I don't agree with it. But I think many of us think you have both overstepped the mark with this discussion.