sharetrader

Oh yes it is. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Old mate View Post
    Oh yes it is. Thank you.
    Yesterday close adjusted for divie was 132.9 (XD)

So at 130 we’re down 2.2%
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yesterday close adjusted for divie was 132.9 (XD)

So at 130 we’re down 2.2%
    Probably didn't help that some old mutt called it a heavily handicapped nag this morning
    Its all good because if Phar Lap can carry 68 kg's and win the 1931 Melbourne cup this one can be a winner too
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Probably didn't help that some old mutt called it a heavily handicapped nag this morning
    Its all good because if Phar Lap can carry 68 kg's and win the 1931 Melbourne cup this one can be a winner too
    One problem Phar Lap didn't place in the first 3 in 1931 Melb Cup in his last race in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    One problem Phar Lap didn't place in the first 3 in 1931 Melb Cup in his last race in Australia
    Phar Lap won the 1930 Melbourne Cup I’m sure that is what Beagle was referring to unfortunately it got 8th in 1931

I'm a bit of a freshie at this, does chasing divies really work out? Seems like price drops instantly as soon as share goes exdiv. Are you trying to sell before price drops if you missed it gains would be small if any? Am I missing something ��

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Won when lightly weighted in 1930 and my grandad told me he was a ‘heavily weighted nag’ like OCA is when he ran down the track in 1931

But luckily history not always a good indicator of future fortunes.

Percy just ran a great race for third in the 7th at Wingatui ,,,3 bucks a place OK but would’ve preferred the 10 bucks a win but like Oceania it’ll keep …there’s always a next time.
    Last edited by winner69; 03-12-2021 at 03:34 PM.

I don't know who the Phar Lap of the NZX is, but I wouldn't think it would be OCA.OCA have been travelling more like an average maiden who needs to find some fitness

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Phar Lap won the 1930 Melbourne Cup I’m sure that is what Beagle was referring to unfortunately it got 8th in 1931
    Oh dear that's a bit ominous. Carried a massive 68 kg's that year.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Playa View Post
    I don't know who the Phar Lap of the NZX is, but I wouldn't think it would be OCA.OCA have been travelling more like an average maiden who needs to find some fitness
    Too old to find fitness …..like they said in the old days one more chance before being sent to Newtown (like the zoo as meat for the lions)