sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'm glad you said some cause my wife and I have seen hundreds of shocking examples of greedy families wanting money from their parents that they have had nothing to do with for years, they all of a sudden start showing an interest when the grim reaper appears on the scene and then the squabbles begin.
    well with the price of houses there sure will be even more greedy kids hoping for a hand up
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    well with the price of houses there sure will be even more greedy kids hoping for a hand up
    With life expectancy these days, those 'kids' with parents moving to a RV are mostly middle aged or even heading into retirement. It's not like they are 20 somethings first home buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    With life expectancy these days, those 'kids' with parents moving to a RV are mostly middle aged or even heading into retirement. It's not like they are 20 somethings first home buyers.
    they need the inheritance to help there kids
    one step ahead of the herd

About time these kids got off there backsides to help themselves. I bet there parents never got a free hand out.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'm glad you said some cause my wife and I have seen hundreds of shocking examples of greedy families wanting money from their parents that they have had nothing to do with for years, they all of a sudden start showing an interest when the grim reaper appears on the scene and then the squabbles begin.
    These days (thanks in part to residential property that has risen faster than salaries?) it is often Grandparents that have the wealth, with younger generations struggling to get a family size home for their families.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    About time these kids got off there backsides to help themselves. I bet there parents never got a free hand out.
    It depends how you regard government policy that inflated land prices (at a rate faster than inflation and incomes) and put the onus of tax on income and consumption and not on the inflated capital gains.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 08-12-2021 at 07:32 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    These days (thanks in part to residential property that has risen faster than salaries?) it is often Grandparents that have the wealth, with younger generations struggling to get a family size home for their families.
    One word. DINK.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    they need the inheritance to help there kids
    Nope our kids don't need any help and don't expect it, they have made a way for themselves through sheer hard work and no Govt handouts, they will of course get a share of whats left over once we depart.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Thanks for the support all, I really appreciate it.

Your well articulated response Beagle is excellent. I am very happy to hear your well thought out pushback , as Chinesekiwi says , it creates a very healthy environment.
    I think with my mega post and Your mega response it is time for me also to have rest for a while with plenty now on the table for readers to chew on.

I think those 2 posts give a really good summary of where OCA is at for now and what to look for in the future:
    Build rates ...what actually are they going to be?
    Care profit....will they improve faster over time without covid costs and possibly more agressive pricing at some stage?

Only time answer these 2 questions. Again , Beagle ,I greatly appreciate your well thought out counter concerns.

Merry Christmas posters. It's been a fabulous year and looks like next year will be even better.
    Last edited by Maverick; 08-12-2021 at 09:43 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Thanks for the support all, I really appreciate it.

Your well articulated response Beagle is excellent. I am very happy to hear your well thought out pushback , as Chinesekiwi says , it creates a very healthy environment.
    I think with my mega post and Your mega response it is time for me also to have rest for a while with plenty now on the table for readers to chew on.

I think those 2 posts give a really good summary of where OCA is at for now and what to look for in the future:
    Build rates ...what actually are they going to be?
    Care profit....will they improve faster over time without covid costs and possibly more agressive pricing at some stage?

Only time answer these 2 questions. Again , Beagle ,I greatly appreciate your well thought out counter concerns.

Merry Christmas posters. It's been a fabulous year and looks like next year will be even better.
    It is great to read the discussion between Beagle and yourself. It helps keep the thread on topic. Season’s greetings!