sharetrader
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

An article in Stuff today about our very own Justakiwi! Inspiring stuff well done Justakiwi!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/127...lling-investor

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    An article in Stuff today about our very own Justakiwi! Inspiring stuff well done Justakiwi!

I read that earlier this morning and thought it must be her!

Well done JAK, really good read. Good to get the grandkids into investing early

Great article. Wishing you a Happy Xmas and NY! That's along the lines of what we did with our son - matched birthday/Xmas/allowance money if he invested it rather than spend it. He's now 28 and paid off his student loan and well into paying off his house.

Just a glance at NTA's and divs on the other 3 retirement companies and OCA is looking horribly unloved. From memory ARV used to pay a higher divi with some imputation. You have OCA paying over 4%? That seems out of sync.

Always good to see the top level employees participating in the DRP.
    While I did not quite get ~366,000 shares I am happy with my allocation.

Yes , well done to JAK. And a timely reminder to keep it civil in the korereo as this is an open forum, and us older folk need to be setting a good example.

Typical OCA ….todays market wrap….up,up,up and one down

Retirement village operators were stronger following news aged care provider Heritage Lifecare’s private equity owner entered into a $291m sale-and-leaseback arrangement with ASX-listed Centuria Capital. Ryman Healthcare rose 1.1% to $12.20, Summerset was up 0.8% at $12.95, and Arvida increased 0.5% to $1.95. Aged care provider Oceania Healthcare declined 0.8% to $1.31
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Typical OCA ….todays market wrap….up,up,up and one down

Retirement village operators were stronger following news aged care provider Heritage Lifecare’s private equity owner entered into a $291m sale-and-leaseback arrangement with ASX-listed Centuria Capital. Ryman Healthcare rose 1.1% to $12.20, Summerset was up 0.8% at $12.95, and Arvida increased 0.5% to $1.95. Aged care provider Oceania Healthcare declined 0.8% to $1.31
    Its been a disappointing year for shareholders. Started the year at $1.45 and after theoretically promising so much potential its ended up materially underperforming the NZX50. I am holding a moderate stake, (free carry), and hoping for better things in 2022 but not expecting any huge miracles.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    well i thought i got out to early but i see its been hammered back down again ... 1.30 test again ?
    looking good still may even test that 1.28
    one step ahead of the herd

End of another month and another year ..... and again SUM share price seems to do better than OCA's

last 12 months OCA down 8% and SUM up 9% ....so the line on the trend heads south

The trend can't continue for ever - that would mean OCA goes to zero lol

Glad I have heaps more SUM than OCA ..... shouldn't have got sucked in by all the hype over the years and inflection points etc etc ...... but at least ahead on OCA but 'diversification' in the sector has been costly

Don't worry OCA believers - you could be right if you see the chart as 2022 is surely the year for OCA to be a star
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 31-12-2021 at 02:55 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”