sharetrader

Yep Dabsman, its almost borders on mind reading skills required and I gave up on that a long time ago. I just sort of laugh and shrug...

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    Does anyone else struggle to interpret anything he says?
    it's the constant use of "we' that throws me. It reminds me of Gollum having a conversation with himself in Lord of the Rings.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    Yep Dabsman, its almost borders on mind reading skills required and I gave up on that a long time ago. I just sort of laugh and shrug...
    I enjoy his irreverent style. But I admit I dont understand over half of what he says. Who is this we you are always talking about & Waltzing has Vince shortened ur name&taken away ur reps ???

Guru

"We" means its not my personal account. Im just being told what to do on behalf of others...

If your just a director and share holder your a we or wee person..

Like a scottish wee.

Now its obvious if a market update or financial report state that profits after tax have doubled then MR M will have his much sort after value.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 20-01-2022 at 08:39 PM.

QUOTE=Waltzing;937012]"We" means its not my personal account. Im just being told what to do on behalf of others...

If your just a director and share holder your a we or wee person..

Like a scottish wee.

Now its obvious if a market update or financial report state that profits after tax have doubled then MR M will have his much sort after value.[/QUOTE]

Those comments certainly put things in perspective. Sums it all up
    Last edited by Beau; 20-01-2022 at 09:38 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    Now its obvious if a market update or financial report state that profits after tax have doubled then MR M will have his much sort after value.
    Profits don't have to "have doubled" to define value, that's short term view and also unrealistic

Value by your definition seems that your "we" are traders and not interested in accumulating value companies over long periods of time for long returns in a long term industry with long term tailwinds? Moreso flicking a profit short to medium term.

Long term and especially patience in some companies, like this one, versus trading short term or momentum, maybe is the thing primarily that defines some of us, differently in our investment goals.

It's interesting to read the traders, even those momentum traders or the in-denial traders, about OCA. I've found that the day-to-day really is irrelevant except for accumulation opportunities, but I do acknowledge and see that for them it must be very important.

Guru

Profits don't have to "have doubled" to define value

Your right.

As MR M will remind us all the OCA model is not structured in such a way as to instantly double its Profits after tax in one reporting period half year or full year.

Add to that MR B has often remarked OCA financial are anything but straight forward. But then was tax law straight forward ever?
    Last edited by Waltzing; 20-01-2022 at 09:58 PM.

Have family in healthcare who pointed to staff shortages months ago.......

BusinessDesk
    “The aged care sector will likely suffer acute staff shortages, significant additional expenses and may also suffer reputational damage,” said analyst Aaron ibbotson.
    Aged-care providers are on the frontline of the pandemic with their customers a high risk for severe infection, he said.

Additionally, these businesses already experience staff shortages which could be made much worse by staff having to self-isolate during a large outbreak."

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    ....the only tit bits that are of note to me since HY .....
    Great post Maverick. Hopefully your observations were of tidbits?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Have family in healthcare who pointed to staff shortages months ago.......

BusinessDesk
    “The aged care sector will likely suffer acute staff shortages, significant additional expenses and may also suffer reputational damage,” said analyst Aaron ibbotson.
    Aged-care providers are on the frontline of the pandemic with their customers a high risk for severe infection, he said.

Additionally, these businesses already experience staff shortages which could be made much worse by staff having to self-isolate during a large outbreak."
    Similar shortages of staff across the ditch and was reported here last year that some quiet approaches were being made. Private sector providers have the option of restricting new clients, and they may of course, especially if care subsidies already need cross subsidisation to support them.