sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    Don't forget that the NZ wide lockdown for 2 weeks and Akl lock down for xxx weeks will also have made impact. In the end we have no idea and have to trust the management team. Still believe the owe all shareholders a damn update
    Others in the sector have had to cope with that too. No wonder the share price is seriously depressed.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Others in the sector have had to cope with that too. No wonder the share price is seriously depressed.
    True that but then we have had sales updates from them and nothing from OCA. Market treats this as poor cousin to sector and until they prove it their operation works, it will be treated as such.

downgrade from bull ages ago.
    bull ahead of the analysts lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    downgrade from bull ages ago.
    bull ahead of the analysts lol
    True.. well done bull

Feels like if that's right it would be a bitter pill to swallow. Pretty sure underlying profit was more than that years ago with less shares on issue.
    Have you got a link to share ? No money in providing care that's one thing for sure !
    Updated this chart with Forbars expectations of UE being $49m for 12 months March 22

No comment
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Updated this chart with Forbars expectations of UE being $49m for 12 months March 22

No comment
    A picture paints a thousand words Winner69, no comment necessary.

What a dog this is.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-02-2022 at 06:45 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

I’ve heard they are going hard on locking down facilities with covid concerns. People can’t move between floors and I believe staff and/or residents are getting swabbed twice a week in hotspots. This is good to see that they are looking well after residents, but all that costs money.

Another local resthome not Oceania had a staff member who contracted Covid and now that red home is in complete lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

No comment
    magaurie are clever folks
    one step ahead of the herd

What a dog this is.
    Coutts tells me every dog has its day but I am losing patience. By June 2022 this company will have existed with Covid more of its corporate life than without. Maybe they are simply tarred with the Covid curse given they have such a high proportion of care compared to any other in this sector ?

This business transformation process we've heard a LOT about since this listed nearly 5 years ago including the much hyped point of inflection.
    Which year will increasing DMF revenue start to overtake the hugely rampant systemic issue of seriously escalating care costs ? This is a BIG question I am really wresting with. To me they need to prove this will actually happen to prove their business model actually can deliver for shareholders. When can they prove this ? Obviously its not going to be FY22 so the question is will it be FY23, FY24 or some later year ? In a quieter and darker moment or two its crossed my mind more than once to wonder if this will ever happen ? Surely it will in some distant future year but do I have the patience to wait that long ? Beagle's as a breed are not well known for exhibiting extremely lengthy patience when it comes to getting their dog food and I am no exception.

Until they can prove their model works for shareholders and staff and management stop gobbling up all the gains the shares fully deserve to trade at a discount to NAV...that's my call on this.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-02-2022 at 09:44 AM.