sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    OCA bonds currently yielding 3.70% .... a bit lower than others in sector

At least market not thinking Oceania going broke
    It will never go broke and neither should any other big operators. Too much involved already. A few more capital raises or bond issues maybe if they needed it.

These have done nothing for sometime, and with rising interest rates and a housing market coming off it's highs, they are not likely to be going somewhere positive anytime soon either. What was the old saying? You can't have too many? The new saying should be any is too many.

Guru

Its going to be a real test for these companies when the more transmissible variant arrives.

Surely inmates deserve the best and latest vaccines for the OMI variant as soon as it clears its flight testing..

The GOVT cant just flub the whole thing like the RAT ATAT TAT testing.

These stocks need the best juice shipped to them in the coming battle...

"any is too many"

Classic and yes it was reduced from a larger percentage to a small one at 1.40.

If it gets a 1.0 then might be worth a larger holding but only if it makes a profit...does it make a profit?
    Last edited by Waltzing; 09-02-2022 at 05:27 PM.

I have way to many but don't care about todays share price. Whilst disappointing it is what it is and fir me it starts 2022/2023. And if you looked hard you will see the share price is now where it was in Oct 2020, so will would say its done nothing even with the large run up in house prices. NTA is currently $1.42. If you can't handle the heat then maybe you should leave the OCA kitchen.

Investments

After seeing recent rout of OCA ....I am feeling very lucky that I chose to see the writing on the wall and bailed out without loosing my pants during divvy run up . Since then its only downhill ...maybe something is hidden from our experts here .

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    After seeing recent rout of OCA ....I am feeling very lucky that I chose to see the writing on the wall and bailed out without loosing my pants during divvy run up . Since then its only downhill ...maybe something is hidden from our experts here .
    Interesting comment from an investor, so this was a capital trade for you? On the other side some of us might be looking forward to about 30% (from the ATH) more shares in the next DRP. Long term is a mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Playa View Post
    These have done nothing for sometime, and with rising interest rates and a housing market coming off it's highs, they are not likely to be going somewhere positive anytime soon either. What was the old saying? You can't have too many? The new saying should be any is too many.
    LOL that is kind of funny. Some dogged patience is required with this puppy that's for sure.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Capitulation soon? Maybe the coming omicron wave will knock it onto its knees. Could it go below $1 briefly?

Dic, holding

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Interesting comment from an investor, so this was a capital trade for you? On the other side some of us might be looking forward to about 30% (from the ATH) more shares in the next DRP. Long term is a mindset.
    I am Investor in my core portfolio ....this I was following the leaders here ...jumped in only recently as a follower of OCA brigade ...but soon realised its showing weakness so bailed out ...Bull was sounding alarm bells too ...lol ....Price action was showing Bull maybe right

https://www.marketscreener.com/quote...268/consensus/
    Last edited by alokdhir; 09-02-2022 at 07:29 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Capitulation soon? Maybe the coming omicron wave will knock it onto its knees. Could it go below $1 briefly?

Dic, holding
    That would be good. Imagine, you've identified an asset that you'd like to have a large part of and didn't intend to sell for a long long time, if ever, and it's on sale for well under NTA value.

That's long term investing. These are the times you buy or accumulate, not to capitulate and sell. Selling now would be stupid for an investor. Sell for under NTA, you being kidding surely?

Maybe not for a confused investor who is actually not a long termer and is sensitive to capital price movements of their long assets in the market.

Motive is important in investing, patience is essential, and the market only presents opportunities to take further advantage of the long term opportunity.

Recalibrating ones mindset is not easy, but it is profitable over time. If one has the time and the patience.