sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Capitulation soon? Maybe the coming omicron wave will knock it onto its knees. Could it go below $1 briefly?

Dic, holding
    I think that's on the cards for oca & the whole sector .Its just when will covid hit .
    Disc holding & stopped buying till it goes below a dollar or maybe change over to Ryman a top buy if it gets near 9.5 bucks long term opportunity of course

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I think that's on the cards for oca & the whole sector .Its just when will covid hit .
    Disc holding & stopped buying till it goes below a dollar or maybe change over to Ryman a top buy if it gets near 9.5 bucks long term opportunity of course
    I am the same.. keen to top up

Baa Baa has excellent advice in post above. However who is going to buy now? thats why the SP is drifting. Everyone waiting to top up below $1. Its going to become a self fulling proposition

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    I am the same.. keen to top up

Baa Baa has excellent advice in post above. However who is going to buy now? thats why the SP is drifting. Everyone waiting to top up below $1. Its going to become a self fulling proposition
    So Bulls prediction when all were laughing at him is actually coming true ....He said " $ 1 before $ 2 " ....

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    So Bulls prediction when all were laughing at him is actually coming true ....He said " $ 1 before $ 2 " ....
    Yeah. Should not have run him out of town (oca thread). He was threatened with neg rep.
    Its also why I like to see negative posts on FPH/MFT. Never know.. the bears could be right and an investor can get blinded..

In the end all three of these stocks mentioned are great long term holds imo.. However i have bought both OCA and FPH higher than current SP.. so its more just the short term buying thats annoying, i.e. could have bought cheaper. No worries on the long term holding
    Last edited by Rawz; 09-02-2022 at 08:28 PM.

I would be worried if it was just OCA that was down, it would indicate that there was something wrong. As it's the whole sector that is down, indicates to me that it is concerns about property values. I see those as being unfounded as inflation will see construction prices move exponentially. Any property holding company will be a hedge against inflation.
    Load up at these prices you will never see them again.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 09-02-2022 at 08:35 PM.

Membaa

Agree mostly, except maybe not 'change' (sell to buy) to RYM, if you think this sector has long legs which I do, better just to accumulate a stake in all of them when they're on fire sale. Maybe go overweight in the sector, like OCA in my case.

Patience, there's no need to react right now, unless you're selling. Latest covid variant hasn't really shown its potential yet. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

What's the plan if it went back under $0.40? See, it did that recently. Bargains do come around, it's just whether your investment thesis and time horizon cope with it, and whether you have the gumption to act on it when it happens, not before.

The accumulators and long terms aren't talking much lately, while I'm over communicating, so going to go dark again now, hopefully not reducing the chances of getting a chunk of the latest swing.

Agree about bull ,but I often change my mind about long term holds going nowhere sometimes rightly and some times wrongly.
    Someone whom bailed out at 1.30 will be laughing now & if they want to get back in down the line well who knows maybe bull .

Advanced Member

Agree about bull ,but I often change my mind about long term holds going nowhere sometimes rightly and some times wrongly.
    Someone whom bailed out at 1.30 will be laughing now & if they want to get back in down the line well who knows maybe bull .
    I got a bit of / some / a lot of time for bull. Some posters see him as a chronic downramper. He certainly doesn't mince his words and delivers them with a certain satisfaction - but none of that means he is wrong. I tend to agree with quite a bit of what he says

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I would be worried if it was just OCA that was down, it would indicate that there was something wrong. As it's the whole sector that is down, indicates to me that it is concerns about property values. I see those as being unfounded as inflation will see construction prices move exponentially. Any property holding company will be a hedge against inflation.
    Load up at these prices you will never see them again.
    yes but you also have to separate a properties value into two distinct parts - land value and improvement value.

Interest rates go to the heart of land prices. Improvement values if thought of in terms of replacement cost are a good hedge for ongoing rises in construction costs but it forms the minority of property value.

It's my view the property market is right now at the most precarious position it has been in over the last 20-30 years. and that is a huge worry to me and why I am underweight in the sector (but still a holder in OCA, SUM and some private interests). that said, OCA has been slack on property prices so that should hopefully be a bit of a buffer in a downturn and b) RV's still have a tremendous business model under current legislation

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    yes but you also have to separate a properties value into two distinct parts - land value and improvement value.

Interest rates go to the heart of land prices. Improvement values if thought of in terms of replacement cost are a good hedge for ongoing rises in construction costs but it forms the minority of property value.

It's my view the property market is right now at the most precarious position it has been in over the last 20-30 years. and that is a huge worry to me and why I am underweight in the sector (but still a holder in OCA, SUM and some private interests). that said, OCA has been slack on property prices so that should hopefully be a bit of a buffer in a downturn and b) RV's still have a tremendous business model under current legislation
    Personally I think the whole sector is holding its breath waiting for Omicron to do its thing...whatever that might be. And then to a lesser extent the property market is of some concern.
    Pleased I halved my holding sometime ago in this sector. Am waiting for <100 to replenish.