sharetrader

Government will want to get house prices down, but the rubber band will burst due to the inflationary pressures. Look at Switzerland. Only the very rich own their own homes, everyone else rents from investor companies and banks. They have been though the ups and downs of property supply and demand and prices for so long, and they still cant control it.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Government will want to get house prices down, but the rubber band will burst due to the inflationary pressures. Look at Switzerland. Only the very rich own their own homes, everyone else rents from investor companies and banks. They have been though the ups and downs of property supply and demand and prices for so long, and they still cant control it.
    Falling house prices combined with rising interest costs is going to lead to the disaster of the late 1980's where many folks mortgage was more than their house was worth. Let's hope that never happens. I think house prices are being held down by low demand with borders closed, once they open up again prices will stabilise

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    SP Graph is almost as consistent as the MFB down hill trot
    Ha ha - that's mean nztx

On a 6 month chart MFB has outperformed OCA (-17% to -30%)..... that's meaner and rather spooky

What's your next observation mate
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Ha ha - that's mean nztx

On a 6 month chart MFB has outperformed OCA (-17% to -30%)..... that's meaner and rather spooky

What's your next observation mate

Just filling in time watching for the balloon to go up elsewhere

I'll keep you posted on further observations..

Guru

"what is the point?"

was referring to MR B having sold and kept it as CASH.

OCA share price more likely to be hit by labour pricing and inflation.

But the NZX will get hit if things go bad in europe and that pressure will trigger some more selling in most stocks.

Cash reserves as MR B has right now are prudent.

draw a list of stocks you might want to buy.

Last edited by Waltzing; 15-02-2022 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks Waltzing, it feels prudent.
    You're quite right about the geopolitical situation in Europe and might I add, it was well called by you about a year ago, so well done to you Sir !
    We're already seeing record fuel prices in N.Z. as a direct result of this which is fueling inflation and hurting virtually all companies on the NZX. As for a possible invasion having no effect on share prices...hmmm, some people might be in for a shock !
    https://edition.cnn.com/2022/02/14/i...ion/index.html
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-02-2022 at 03:11 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks Waltzing, it feels prudent.
    You're quite right about the geopolitical situation in Europe and might I add, it was well called by you about a year ago, so well done to you Sir !
    We're already seeing record fuel prices in N.Z. as a direct result of this which is fueling inflation and hurting virtually all companies on the NZX. As for a possible invasion having no effect on share prices...hmmm, some people might be in for a shock !
    https://edition.cnn.com/2022/02/14/i...ion/index.html
    Of course there is also the chance that Russia might back down (or the Ukraine on their NATO aspirations) and that's the end of it, in which case do we see a bounce?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Of course there is also the chance that Russia might back down (or the Ukraine on their NATO aspirations) and that's the end of it, in which case do we see a bounce?
    Punters will then worry about something else ….the ‘wall of worry’ is standing strong
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    My view is that in general the markets decline year to date is predominantly about the wall of worry around other factors.

P.S. Just saw your post Winner and agree that there's still plenty of other bricks in the wall.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-02-2022 at 03:59 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    ...draw a list of stocks you might want to buy.
    Feel free to share that list, Waltz. Almost a couple of years ago, Beagle had his Covid crash shopping list with target prices...that was fun.

Anyway, decided today that I'd sell a few of my HLG on the bounce and redivert some of that cash to a trodden down OCA. Sold 2 thirds of the OCA last year at about 1.30 and feel 1.06 is a pretty good price to add a few back to the collection, will DCA if it continues to drop.