sharetrader

gee i'm not the only one still holding one of those coins ; )
    if not you now who when..

Guru

In the old days it was called paper.

Owning the Paper Certificate.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 17-02-2022 at 10:10 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by clips View Post
    gee i'm not the only one still holding one of those coins ; )
    Ha ha, no your not the only one to have one of those, I have a few, they're unfortunately still only worth a bit less than the amount of sterling silver at the melt

But that's not my lucky dollar, mine is a lucky silver Peace dollar. Quite an impressive US coin from the early and pre 1920's, I had a lot of them once but gave most of them away to my friends so they have a lucky silver dollar as well.

But it's never worked for my investing, so I must have duped all my friends it seems, despite the joy of flipping a 27gm 38mm 90% pure silver coin that some cowboy once spent on a whole round of beers for his mates at the pub.

Who knows how many beers those coins bought, that's the thing with money, it is reusable infinitely, though just in someone elses hands. Quite extraordinary if you delve into it.

Anyway, I recommend not using lucky coins to make your investment decisions .. LOL.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 17-02-2022 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Ha ha, no your not the only one to have one of those, I have a few, they're unfortunately still only worth a bit less than the amount of sterling silver at the melt

But that's not my lucky dollar, mine is a lucky silver Peace dollar. Quite an impressive US coin from the early and pre 1920's, I had a lot of them once but gave most of them away to my friends so they have a lucky silver dollar as well.

But it's never worked for my investing, so I must have duped all my friends it seems, despite the joy of flipping a 27gm 38mm 90% pure silver coin that some cowboy once spent on a whole round of beers for his mates at the pub.

Who knows how many beers those coins bought, that's the thing with money, it is reusable infinitely, though just in someone elses hands. Quite extraordinary if you delve into it.

Anyway, I recommend not using lucky coins to make your investment decisions .. LOL.
    They're only useful when you have no idea which way things are going lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

That Beagle magical commonwealth games dollar seems to have a good prediction rate after all as its going down again after another 2000 covid cases today .
    Could I have a loan of the B M C G Dollar for next week ,could save a lot of effort .
    P s. keep it to ourselves

These bank economists forecasting house prices down 6% to 13%

If we bother look back when prices down 20% we will able to say bank economists wrong again

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/h...mmentators-say
    Last edited by winner69; 20-02-2022 at 05:48 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

It still looks corrective and RSI divergence has formed.
    Large sellers at close on Friday cemented in that big red candle tho so that looks bad, but offer was back up to 113 now, so maybe its over.
    I'd like to think it can turn from here but apart from the divergence need more evidence before I buy more.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Hoop saying the market darling of this sector SUM is in trouble in its confirmed downtrend should give plenty of pause for thought.

That and my lucky dollar coin also says stay out, also a very important leading indicator along with the housing market which is also coming "up tails" in a big way at present.

As I drove past Waimarie Street's development yesterday it would appear they are making very good progress and I thought to myself there will be some point in the future where this is worth backing up the truck on and maybe SUM other company in this sector too Not even looking for the keys on either truck to warm them up at this point.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-02-2022 at 04:38 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    These bank economists forecasting house prices down 6% to 13%

If we bother look back when prices down 20% we will able to wrong again

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/h...mmentators-say
    "....If we bother look back when prices down 20% we will able to wrong again...." and that's after you edited it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    "....If we bother look back when prices down 20% we will able to wrong again...." and that's after you edited it.
    But you knew what I meant eh

need a bigger phone
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”