sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Couldn’t family just wait for rats to hit the stores and out of courtesy test themselves before they see their loved ones. Self ownership rather than victim mentality.
    A friend of mine is a close contact or family member - tested negative 3 days in a row (RAT) despite having a sore throat.
    Tested positive on the 4th day - they have variable accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    A friend of mine is a close contact or family member - tested negative 3 days in a row (RAT) despite having a sore throat.
    A work colleague has a sore throat, lost all sense of smell and developed a fever. he had a PCR test and it was negative. Very much a surprise. Can we trust either or is it that we are just too paranoid and need to exit the covid fear mindset that this government has brainwashed us with

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    A work colleague has a sore throat, lost all sense of smell and developed a fever. he had a PCR test and it was negative. Very much a surprise. Can we trust either or is it that we are just too paranoid and need to exit the covid fear mindset that this government has brainwashed us with
    Has he since tested positive?
    Maybe he is negative.

I have no covid fear mindset - do you?
    Veering away from OCA now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Couldn’t family just wait for rats to hit the stores and out of courtesy test themselves before they see their loved ones. Self ownership rather than victim mentality.
    That would be too sensible, taking personal responsibility. Certainly not the sort of decision our gov't thinks people are capable of making
    Not an easy concept to grapple with in this nanny state unfortunately. People are sick of the endless rules, but have also forgotten how to be sensible and think for themselves and of others.

Accordingly to Bloomfield in the Herald, loss of sense of smell (or taste) doesn't appear to be a symptom of Omicron. Could be Delta I spose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    but have also forgotten how to be sensible and think for themselves and of others.
    This is exactly right, and when we've forgotten how to think of others in a global pandemic it's unfortunate but necessary for the powers to give us a push.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I think if you had a sore throat you already have a reason not to visit.

sons got covid or omnicron sore throat , headache tiredness spread thru all 6 of his flatmates super quick. they are all very young
    Last edited by bull....; 03-03-2022 at 05:25 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

10 cases at a local rest home.
    Only one really sick-the only one unvaccinated.
    Family now want him admitted to hospital-hospital refused the admission request .
    they are now feeling very guilty for their decision not to vaccinate

Quote Originally Posted by thebusinessman View Post
    It lasted one day. Some visitors complained and two nurses were off wards testing visitors (in a nursing shortage). They've gone back to no RAT tests for visitors... Not sure how I feel about it.
    I apologise if this is close to off-topic but I mention it with respect to the challenges rest-homes are facing.

Following a management directive, the visiting hours have been cut again and back to everyone needing a RA test to visit. This is not an OCA home, it's a BUPA one, but they are clearly responding to perceived risk.