sharetrader
Page 120 of 1980 FirstFirst ... 20701101161171181191201211221231241301702206201120 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 19791

i will shout you a virtual beer emoji if we get there!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawstudent05 View Post
    i will shout you a virtual beer emoji if we get there!
    What will I get when it gets to $1.30 in a month or two

When breakouts accur they often overshoot
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

you should be able to afford a real beer by then

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Morning star have just increased Ryman`s FVE to $11.30. They reckon that Ryman has a decent economic moat around it. I don't agree with them at all. The Ryman brick walls can be climbed! I can see it now, an unstoppable silver/grey army of determined ARV and OCA residents on amphibious motor scooters.
    Last edited by Maverick; 22-05-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Anyone know where the beat place is to find the numbers for this ageing population? Break down of age groups etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Anyone know where the beat place is to find the numbers for this ageing population? Break down of age groups etc?
    This is rather cool (once you get the feel for it)

https://www.stats.govt.nz/tools/inte...or-new-zealand

Stats have heaps of stuff on their site - including population projections well out into the future. Links on that same page
    Last edited by winner69; 23-05-2018 at 07:55 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The JLL Retirement Village white paper is also quite a good reference for population numbers - note, it was released early 2017:

http://www.jll.nz/new-zealand/en-gb/...paper-2017.pdf

Finally got into this one with a very small position. Not normally an investor who likes to buy into unproven companies, but I like the signs. I would have to see more to load up on more shares going forward.

Management are loading up on shares, and the company has so far delivered on promises. Share price is also quite cheap and it could be a very good long term hold. I'm not interested in price changes in the short term but I'd like to see more dialogue about the medium-long term aspirations of this one.

I too bought some today on the back of the couple of sellers smashing those buy orders. On a PE of ~9.9 with FY18 forecast figures that they reaffirmed recently, it sure is excellent value within this industry given the likes of RYM and SUM on a PE of 28 and 20 respectively. Yes, OCA doesn't have the proven track record of development growth as some others, however the fact they're delivering developments on schedule and meeting the promised lofty IPO forecasts gives me strength they are serious about this.

The market is most likely over-discounting the sell down of Macquarie's escrow shares. As mentioned by other posters, this will be in an orderly block sale to institutional holders at a slight discount to market. Nothing to worry about.

I'm not afraid to add these to the stash of SUM at the bottom of the drawer and watch the returns grow over the near future. Buying at these levels has enough margin of safety to weather any complications, but I only see upside from here. Some fresh guidance around the corner should be the kick that this stock deserves.

Best paired in a portfolio with one of the more mature operators such as SUM or RYM imo.

Terrible share with very dim prospects, I think sellers should smash the bid at $1.01
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine