sharetrader

care doesnt produce big profits , if anything the level of care in these places is going to get far worse because of rising inflation eating into profits
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    care doesnt produce big profits , if anything the level of care in these places is going to get far worse because of rising inflation eating into profits
    Agreed, but high turn over of ORAs produces huge profits that more than compensates. If regulated, OCA will adapt. Reality tells me If more die of covid in rest home care (and thats unlikely) then greater the turnover and greater the profit. Sounds harsh but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Agreed, but high turn over of ORAs produces huge profits that more than compensates. If regulated, OCA will adapt. Reality tells me If more die of covid in rest home care (and thats unlikely) then greater the turnover and greater the profit. Sounds harsh but true.
    true if it happened , maybe less care as well might work in your favour too , also a favourable property market also helps in what you are saying for speed of re-sale

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    We haven't got a legislative price freeze, as we had in Muldoon times. Inflation will only benefit care homes. I was watching a show on netflix and they put it best. "A sheep can be two things, wool as well as meat". Care homes are a multitude of things, but when inflation really bites, assets such as land and buildings will increase in value according to the cost of new builds. It may take a short time for the flow on effect, but it will come. Prices will increase for other care services as well. Anyone think Inflation is 6 percent, I think it is closer to 15 to 20%. Anyone holding cash will see its value wither in front of your eyes. The share market will boom again as soon as some of the uncertainties are passed. When it does it will be quick. You won't have time to wait for your bonds to be sold, or your deposits to fall due. Holding cash on call will be the only way, but that eats into your savings quicker than you think.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 14-03-2022 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    We haven't got a legislative price freeze, as we had in Muldoon times. Inflation will only benefit care homes. I was watching a show on netflix and they put it best. "A sheep can be two things, wool as well as meat". Care homes are a multitude of things, but when inflation really bites, assets such as land and buildings will increase in value according to the cost of new builds. It may take a short time for the flow on effect, but it will come. Prices will increase for other care services as well. Anyone think Inflation is 6 percent, I think it is closer to 15 to 20%. Anyone holding cash will see its value wither in front of your eyes. The share market will boom again as soon as some of the uncertainties are passed. When it does it will be quick. You won't have time to wait for your bonds to be sold, or your deposits to fall due. Holding cash on call will be the only way, but that eats into your savings quicker than you think.
    of course each time is different but the most comparable period to now is the 70s maybe and during that time stock investors did terrible. real assets did alright but like i say each time is different with different outcomes and no guarantee's like your suggesting about retirement units. in fact as i suggested in a previous post inflation will eat up most companies profits going forward esp in a stag inflation time

Guru

" assets such as land and buildings will increase in value according to the cost of new builds."

be interesting to see the EPS going forward and also from the retail, industrial and warehouse property sectors.

Disc: No holdings in this sector at present.

Last edited by Waltzing; 15-03-2022 at 11:08 AM.

Middle of the month and I am getting desperate and impatient wondering where the bottom is...no point asking anyone on here including me or Maverick or anyone else, nobody has a clue...so this time I asked for divine inspiration as I tossed my Commonwealth games 1974 dollar coin I asked please let the answer be forthcoming...if its heads I get stuck in when the share price crosses up through the 30 day moving average line, (currently $1.09), its its tails I stay with my modest stake (3.5% portfolio weighting) and wait for it to cross the 100 day MA line to confirm a new uptrend, (currently $1.25).

Drum roll please....and wait for it.....oh dear, sorry folks, it was tails again. Gosh, how depressing is that...(Beagle slinks back to his kennel and curls up again). No more coin tossing until next month.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-03-2022 at 10:19 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Middle of the month and I am getting desperate and impatient wondering where the bottom is...no point asking anyone on here including me or Maverick or anyone else, nobody has a clue...so this time I asked for divine inspiration as I tossed my Commonwealth games 1974 dollar coin I asked please let the answer be forthcoming...if its heads I get stuck in when the share price crosses up through the 30 day moving average line, (currently $1.09), its its tails I stay with my modest stake (3.5% portfolio weighting) and wait for it to cross the 100 day MA line to confirm a new uptrend, (currently $1.25).

Drum roll please....and wait for it.....oh dear, sorry folks, it was tails again. Gosh, how depressing is that...(Beagle slinks back to his kennel and curls up again). No more coin tossing until next month.
    It's good to know even the pros struggle with these questions, thanks for the 'heads up' Beagle.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

My scientific analysis, that is my yes/no coin says that now is the time to Buy.

81sXFDhbIIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 15-03-2022 at 12:09 PM.

Guru

even though the nice villas are there in the photos and people will want them who in the sector has the best sales team or do these lovely's almost sell themselves.

Mr B likes profits and perhaps not the reval ones but cash ones.

DISC: sectorial holdings in retirement stocks none ATM.