sharetrader

Simply Wall Street, has a good comprehensive review and analysis. Conservative SP is valued at should be $1.43. Hope it doesn't start rising until after 31 March. Oh those capital gains, tax free. I won't make top 25 as you need over 1 mill shares.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 19-03-2022 at 11:55 AM.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    but its fun trying... and if the trades are appropriately sized it doesnt matter that much. I bought some SPX the other day at the low almost to the minute.

good post Mav thanks for reviewing fundamental operations are good.

I'm holding from about 1.40 and starting to consider doubling down on that for the long term. the last few months look like a terminating triangle and there is clear RSI divergence.
    It's very nice to have you on board Peat.
    After your persistence and excellent research on Ebos a few years ago when it was $20 to what it is now, I consider your opinion of great value.
    Last edited by Maverick; 19-03-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Guru

if you get your A4 chart paper out winner(*n) and pastel the line in with the wooden ruler you can see that support set a bottom line between 100 and 105.

now of course if it starts to head down again its all bets off and need 2 A4 chart papers sellotaped together..

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    if you get your A4 chart paper out winner(*n) and pastel the line in with the wooden ruler you can see that support set a bottom line between 100 and 105.

now of course if it starts to head down again its all bets off and need 2 A4 chart papers sellotaped together..
    Got a bit high tech waltz and used an electronic ruler and paintbrush ...cool eh ....but baabaa would be a lot more sophisticated than me.

I made 100 to 110 as support / resistance levels ..... and we in that range now.

Been over 110 a few times but always come back to about that level ....ouch ...what a loser of a stock

Amazing that share price is still what it was nearly 5 years ago -- that surely is one of those 'long trips to nowhere' eh

Just as well this time its going to be different and we'll all be rich as in a couple of years time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 19-03-2022 at 02:50 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

OCA was one of the highest bought stocks by Jarden/DB clients last week ....up there with AIR (and RYM)

Most bought = BUY value traded in that stock exceeded the SELL value traded in that stock

Was 35th the week before - he love is returning to OCA ...that's cool

Guru

winner(*n) , PERFECT water colouring in there !

thats the line.. now draw one for HLG ! but you have to go back to 2000 for that one as you can see with the addition of AUS its stepped up a range bracket it now topped 6 more than 5 times.

"all be rich "

do you think MR B is still going to be invested in this best of breed grey hound in 5 years time?

DISC: no longer holding any in this sector in NZ in any portfolio.

"
    up there with AIR "

well that says it ALL!!

AIR is well hot at the moment!!!

Last edited by Waltzing; 19-03-2022 at 03:52 PM.

Jarden / DB clients buying heaps of OCA ….must be Forbar clients selling

Methinks Oceania have a hierarchy - primary focus on residents being looked after then next comes ensuring staff are happy as and they're looked after as well ….and let’s not forget the environment as that’s important as well.

All commendable stuff but I get the impression that shareholders are an after thought. Can’t say they don’t consider them because they’ve borrowed $70m to dish out as dividends (which the shareholders have had to pay $20m tax on). One does tend think we are a pain in the butt but an necessary evil as one day they will be asking for more cash…..more capital raises

I can’t see that hierarchy / culture changing. Shareholders will always be disappointed and frustrated.

Oceania do a great job for the community but investing in them seems to be a rather altruistic activity ……without much satisfaction (warm fuzzies or thanks) in return.

Will pop in at small aged care place up the road (do so regularly) to see if they want a bit of help around the place …..even if it’s mowing their lawn. All covid precautions of course. That probably be more satisfying than being an Oceania benefactor.
    Last edited by winner69; 20-03-2022 at 10:00 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Methinks Oceania have a hierarchy - primary focus on residents being looked after then next comes ensuring staff are happy as and they're looked after as well ….and let’s not forget the environment as that’s important as well.

All commendable stuff but I get the impression that shareholders are an after thought. Can’t say they don’t consider them because they’ve borrowed $70m to dish out as dividends (which the shareholders have had to pay $20m tax on). One does tend think we are a pain in the butt but an necessary evil as one day they will be asking for more cash…..more capital raises

I can’t see that hierarchy / culture changing. Shareholders will always be disappointed and frustrated.

Oceania do a great job for the community but investing in them seems to be a rather altruistic activity ……without much satisfaction (warm fuzzies or thanks) in return.

Will pop in at small aged care place up the road (do so regularly) to see if they want a bit of help around the place …..even if it’s mowing their lawn. All covid precautions of course. That probably be more satisfying than being an Oceania benefactor.
    "If you give people what they want,you will get what you want."
    ie The customer [resident] should always come first,then staff.
    Just excellent business practice.Think MFT,EBO etc..

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    "If you give people what they want,you will get what you want."
    ie The customer [resident] should always come first,then staff.
    Just excellent business practice.Think MFT,EBO etc..
    Unhappy shareholders can sell up or vote to oust directors.