sharetrader

Yes its a needs based business and the average unit price is significantly lower than the average house price which gives them a degree of insulation to falling house prices but most people still have to sell their homes first and the recent huge decline in real estate sales volumes is notable.

Just as an aside the discount rate the valuers use is something I know Earl found to be very interesting and he thought it was very conservative. Between 12 and 20% per annum depending upon unit type is exactly that and builds in a natural increase in valuation each year simply through the passage of time.

But as you know Ferg, growth in ILU units and growth in facilities is one thing, eps growth is quite another.
    The business transformation process was originally promoted as being a six year process but is now looking like ten years
    Earl in his January 2021 earnings call said he believed staff costs would rise from there in line with MOH funding.
    Promises and outlook comments made have not turned out to be anywhere near accurate and undermines their credibility.

Analysts still see it as $1.60 but I'd wager we'll see some significant downward revisions after the result on 20 May. Analysts never ever follow the market do they
    https://www.marketscreener.com/quote...268/consensus/
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-04-2022 at 03:44 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thanks for doing the research Beagle and others. I personally wouldn't have a clue in hell how they are doing, other than listening to you guys.

BUT, I happened to be chatting with a guy who worked for OCA at head office. He said there was an excellent culture about the place. He said they were genuinely kindly people. Plus they weren't prone to going out for expensive lunches or the bosses driving expensive cars to impress the neighbours.

Another down month for OCA share price .... mind you SUM was down as well but not as bad as OCA

Result sees OCA % SUM the lowest it's ever been

You'd think the trend would change one day but its petty well entrenched

Of course you can buy more than 11 times OCA shares for what it costs to buy a SuM share .... three years ago you could only buy 6 for every 1 of SUM ........... sort of says OCA is so so so so cheap
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

oca looks like it wants to go lower under 1 ?
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    oca looks like it wants to go lower under 1 ?
    Why have you asked it? Looks like we are on the normal Monday doom and gloom run all over the place from the bull.
    Last edited by couta1; 02-05-2022 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Another down month for OCA share price .... mind you SUM was down as well but not as bad as OCA

Result sees OCA % SUM the lowest it's ever been

You'd think the trend would change one day but its petty well entrenched

Of course you can buy more than 11 times OCA shares for what it costs to buy a SuM share .... three years ago you could only buy 6 for every 1 of SUM ........... sort of says OCA is so so so so cheap
    That's a really confronting image but unfortunately it very sadly reflects the brutal reality that OCA has really struggled to get any earnings traction ever since it listed and all the while SUM has been growing at a fantastic rate both before and during Covid.
    Long established trends like that are very difficult things to break and generally occur for very solid underlying reasons.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Why have you asked it? Looks like we are on the normal Monday doom and gloom run all over the place from the bull.
    instead of posting crap why dont you give your thoughts where it is headed.

my from a chart point of view - on the monthly it posted a new low in the current down swing
    , also on the weekly it did as well. i have the weekly bollinger trending down with a low line of 91c. all in all $1 looks like a support line underneath looks like quicksand

Banned

instead of posting crap why dont you give your thoughts where it is headed.

my from a chart point of view - on the monthly it posted a new low in the current down swing
    , also on the weekly it did as well. i have the weekly bollinger trending down with a low line of 91c. all in all $1 looks like a support line underneath looks like quicksand
    Listen bull I've already made it clear I'm long on the stock, I don't care where its headed in the current crap market, im looking at least 3 yrs ahead and I see it doubling in value by then, you have proven over time to have very little understanding of how the retirement sector actually works. Several very savvy directors have big skin in the game, they are not fools.
    Last edited by couta1; 02-05-2022 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Listen bull I've already made it clear I'm long on the stock, I don't care where its headed in the current crap market, im looking at least 3 yrs ahead and I see it doubling in value by then, you have proven over time to have very little understanding of how the retirement sector actually works. Several very savvy directors have big skin in the game, they are not fools.
    the only thing i really need to know is am i going to make money from this

Banned

the only thing i really need to know is am i going to make money from this
    Well I thought it was pretty obvious that barring Armageddon anyone buying at current prices is going to make money.
    Last edited by couta1; 02-05-2022 at 11:22 AM.