sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    is that your massive order in at 91
    Nah the stock currently makes up 33% of my total portfolio so thats enough for my new conservative self.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Nah the stock currently makes up 33% of my total portfolio so thats enough for my new conservative self.
    no doubt about you go large , i go large too. im large in cash at the moment
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    no doubt about you go large , i go large too. im large in cash at the moment
    Cash is dead money going backwards at the rate of inflation although everyone should have a wee stash for emergencies, there is really no place to hide in times like these.

If she gets a third term due to the Maori party holding the balance of power along with the Greens, thats scorched earth material right there.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_earth Not a phrase you hear very often but entirely appropriate to the frightening scenario you outline. For those that don't know what it means it refers to things being left as a wasteland designed to thwart the efforts of the opposing party when they gain control. My thoughts about a wasteland are that if you must endure one for another three years make sure the vast majority of your assets are somewhere else !!

I like cash and short term deposits a lot, its been my favorite and best performing asset class and has made up more than 60% of my portfolio since November 2021. I have thought for quite some time now that 2022 is going to be a VERY tough year in the markets, it certainly has been so far Cash has outperformed almost all markets in the world so far this year and confers tremendous value in terms of optionality in regard to buying shares at cheaper prices in the future. In effect, you beat inflation by buying assets that are going down, (shares, houses, boats... whatever else is going down) at heavily discounted prices in the future. There's no rule that says you have to be invested 100% in the market all the time !
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-05-2022 at 11:34 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Cash is dead money going backwards at the rate of inflation although everyone should have a wee stash for emergencies, there is really no place to hide in times like these.
    i mentioned on the black monday thread us dollars. thats why its so strong everyones parked up cash in it also energy is doing good. but i agree with you going forward it may get very difficult to hide
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

OCA getting wacked by far the hardest of the retirement sector stocks today.
    Last edited by couta1; 06-05-2022 at 10:33 AM.

SP at 75% of NTA - bloody hell!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    You can't control the reef fish. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post

Jeez don’t frighten me …I read that comment as a 75% discount to NTA
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Must be a few reasons why OCA always seem to get ‘whacked the hardest’ eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”