sharetrader

If OCA share price had followed the sector down today it prob would be about 95 now

So 102 is pretty good …. 8% up in ‘real terms’

Market excited about this acquisition ….and what it signals
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard View Post
    People are getting a little carried away in regarding this acquisition as some sort of game changer. The underlying issues - high overheads, low margins, poor management, - are all still there, as are the macro economic issues of covid, inflation/interest rates, declining property market, increased building costs etc. Expanding operations at this time when the core of the business needs attention isn't a good idea in my opinion and it smacks of smoke and mirrors to draw in the gullible and to (temporarily) arrest the decline in the SP. Arvida did the same thing recently in by buying the Arena villages. It got people excited (including me) initially, but the SP has continued to decline because of the same issues that OCA are facing. There are safer places, with better yields, to park your funds.
    nice to have a rational view of the situation
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    nice to have a rational view of the situation
    Problem with your comment is that the market isn't rational, its Schitzophrenic.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Problem with your comment is that the market isn't rational, its Schitzophrenic.
    lured them in then hammer time

lured them in then hammer time
    I call B.S. on that. The whole market is weak today. Really good announcement in a really weak market.

Maverick and Ferg are probably conferring privately, redoing all their spreadsheets and a few days from now will have worked out its now worth at least $1.70
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-05-2022 at 04:36 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

You guys think OCA is doing badly. Auckland Airport, phew, I should be looking for a tall building. Mind you, perfect storm, new covid variant, higher interest rates offered in bonds and banks, war in Europe, fear of recession.

Hey bull do you own any stocks at the moment? Give us the low down on your protfilio and tactics please

Quote Originally Posted by Old mate View Post
    Hey bull do you own any stocks at the moment? Give us the low down on your protfilio and tactics please
    i have said what i have been doing this yr mths ago ie energy stocks , cash parked us dollars and very nimble trading but i also just recently said whats worked this yr so far may not work going forward ie there may end up being no where to hide going forward so perhaps capital preservation is the name of the game for me now ie whats going to inflict the least loss in real terms

i have said what i have been doing this yr mths ago ie energy stocks , cash parked us dollars and very nimble trading but i also just recently said whats worked this yr so far may not work going forward ie there may end up being no where to hide going forward so perhaps capital preservation is the name of the game for me now ie whats going to inflict the least loss in real terms
    This is not related to OCA. Take the dribble elsewhere.

Thanks bull so are you looking to get back in when you think a bottom has been set?