sharetrader

Wouldn't surprise me if the EQT fund that stole MET on the cheap using Covid as the excuse for such a cheap price has a go. Covid still a valid excuse. Imagine the synergies they could extract with a merger with MET ! Earl would them be back in charge of the merged group.

I reckon if they do try and have a go they'd try and nick it though....maybe $1.20.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

and scare the shareholders into selling for a lower NTA... possible MR B.

but id say right now they are only just recovering from a chase of the heebie jeebies.... at least that what they are saying... very nervous bunch at the moment in nordics...

Musk is pulling a similar move right now..

But maybe they just arnt interested when SUM other stock has shown how much faster they have driven around the track recently...

anti cyclicals are where its at... staples...

its a 2 year thing at least .
    Last edited by Waltzing; 16-05-2022 at 09:51 PM.

If OCA goes private it will be another potentially good company lost to the investing public. Totally shortsighted. Brian Gaynor used to complain about NZers selling their companies too cheap.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

I reckon if they do try and have a go they'd try and nick it though....maybe $1.20.
    ".....tell 'em they're dreaming mate...."

No its... Mate...you're dreamin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT6oZqYij8U
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-05-2022 at 10:45 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No its... Mate...you're dreamin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT6oZqYij8U
    Classic add Beagle but try this, Perhaps the best Aussy comedy ever...

YouTube https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dik_wnOE4dk

Last edited by Maverick; 16-05-2022 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    You love a dip in share price...YOU LOVE IT. You should report that leak that you have found (?) and report back how that works out. Yeah, I thought so. I have more confidence in the NZX regulation and OCA governance than you.

look goose when you put a question mark after something its means you dont know maybe someone else knows. your looking for answers that someone else might know
    as for being happy about the price falling i guess i could be happy if say for example i was looking to buy at 50c as thats what i thought it was worth and the price was getting closer to my buy zone then of course i would be happy to see it getting closer ... who wouldnt
    one step ahead of the herd

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    look goose when you put a question mark after something its means you dont know maybe someone else knows. your looking for answers that someone else might know
    as for being happy about the price falling i guess i could be happy if say for example i was looking to buy at 50c as thats what i thought it was worth and the price was getting closer to my buy zone then of course i would be happy to see it getting closer ... who wouldnt
    Wow I thought that bull was using an insulting name to respond strongly .... then I realised that is the actual name haha

Well since we weren't taken over this morning , might as well to lay out my expectations for Friday.

Care profit $24m +8%
    Village profit $41.5m +11% ( not including new build margins)
    New build Margin $35.5m +22%
    Underlying profit $59m +18%
    EPS 8.32cps +4% ( profit increase diluted by heaps of extra shares issued)
    Cooperate overheads $23.8m +14% ( not including care costs, .ie nurses/ care workers)

Notes;
    -It is possible cooperate overheads will be lower as at some point they should slow down these hefty increases as staff levels match the new expansion ambitions
    -The biggest variable in all this is "new build margins" . OCA have a lot of apartments for sale FY22 and so depending on how good their summer sales were then this figure could vary the most, however this is not so important in the long run.
    -For long term investors then most important number to watch is "village profits " and a high capex spend.

If the numbers are close enough to these then things are progressing very nicely indeed.
    Last edited by Maverick; 17-05-2022 at 10:32 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Well since we weren't taken over this morning , might as well to lay out my expectations for Friday.

Care profit $24m +8%
    Village profit $41.5m +11% ( not including new build margins)
    New build Margin $35.5m +22%
    Underlying profit $59m +18%
    EPS 8.32cps +4% ( profit increase diluted by heaps of extra shares issued)
    Cooperate overheads $23.8m +14% ( not including care costs, .ie nurses/ care workers)

Notes;
    -It is possible cooperate overheads will be lower as at some point they should slow down these hefty increases as staff levels match the new expansion ambitions
    -The biggest variable in all this is "new build margins" . OCA have a lot of apartments for sale FY22 and so depending on how good their summer sales were then this figure could vary the most, however this is not so important in the long run.
    -For long term investors then most important number to watch is "village profits " and a high capex spend.

If the numbers are close enough to these then things are progressing very nicely indeed.
    Dividend over or under 2c? im picking 2.1c.