sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    So.. not good, not bad, divvy is okay, growth ahead.

Guess its a hold
    and with the prospect of some PE interest

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Still a great long term hold, moving in the right direction re independent units, was up 3% yesterday whilst RYM was down so not expecting too much today.
    whole sector up today weather its all a bounce from being beaten down or rallying on results today time will tell
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

*except for OCA/ARV.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    *except for OCA/ARV.
    You might want to look again Mr Panda.

Banned

Someone happy to dispatch 350k shares at $1.04, must either be bored or want to build a very expensive deck. Lol

Beagle and Mav havnt said anything yet. Also Ferg. The ole abacus's must be spinning pretty hard in their offices

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Beagle and Mav havnt said anything yet. Also Ferg. The ole abacus's must be spinning pretty hard in their offices
    This takes days to unpack properly but I'm VERY happy with the result. Underlying profit is a little lower than I was expecting but that is due to less apartment sales than I anticipated. I was hoping Awatere would have finished before FY cut off but It appears not ( Hamilton contributed no sales therefore it wasn't ready before year end.) This is no biggie as the new sales just happen this FY.

The number I said was the most key to the whole OCA model working ( as in decent future profit growth)is village DMF, and they knocked that out of the park.

When you consider 3 months of the year was in some form of lockdown, they repaid the 1.8m wage subsidy and direct covid costs were $2.5m I think it is actually a very credible result. All the KPIs I outlined earlier this week have hit the mark.

Look at those new build margins , not a sign of reducing. In fact the first half margins were 26% while HY2 was 30%. (the average is as per the reported annual 28%. )

So at first brush...a very solid result and things are bang on track. Watching the share action this morning it appears no one knows what to make of this result yet but I suspect over the weekend the analysts will be beavering away and come back next week with a big thumbs up.

Back to work, no more posts from me for a while until I've squared this away properly . Beagle usually gets a good handle on things pretty quickly and I'm sure will be along shortly.
    Last edited by Maverick; 20-05-2022 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Someone happy to dispatch 350k shares at $1.04, must either be bored or want to build a very expensive deck. Lol
    I believe that there is a concerted effort to oversell OCA. This is based on the movements in SP over the last six months. Let's be real. NTA at $1.38, inflationary pressures positively affecting real property positively and a profitable company, in a long term secure industry. This SP should be close to NTA. Why oversell the share? Can only think possibility of takeover, or coming accumulation by larger holder.

Guru

That 350,00 shares was an off market transaction. It could be simply a transfer between accounts. Family or Funds.

Banned

ARV the runt of the litter today with OCA up 4% in 2 days, SUM up 4% on no news and RYM smoking it up nearly 9% currently, nice not to be the at the back for a change.