sharetrader

I know someone with a small rest home with hospital care level services and the comments I hear make me think it is running very close to a loss with government underfunding. Things must be coming to a head? All the talk from Team Jacinda in the first term blaming the outgoing government really looking very hollow. Just looking at the big listed companies and thinking that property gains are used to support care ignores a large number of elderly who's care givers must be under huge stress.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yea but i believe , i may be wrong im not a tax accountant you can use an input or output calc of exp to recognize future revenue without having a pre sale ?
    Property developers can only recognise revenue on unconditional sales.

So if you've presold 20% of the value of the development, unconditionally (important!), and you've completed 50% of the build then you can recognise 10% (i.e. 20% x 50%) of the value of the revenue.

This doesn't work to the same extent for retirement village / aged care because you're not preselling as much during construction. Unconditional RV presales, if any, are only secured very close to completion whereas property developers are required by their banks to get the development presold before starting construction.
    Last edited by jagger; 14-06-2022 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    A week may well be a long time politics, it certainly is in the share market. The strike price for the DRiP of 0.9875 is starting to look a bit expensive now, with the SP currently at 0.98
    Will be topping up again at .95c as soon as dividend proceeds received.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Will be topping up again at .95c as soon as dividend proceeds received.
    Ever hear of .90c, .85c and ...?

Someone on here was talking about (maybe) getting more OCA if it ever went down to 1.25c. That was several months ago.
    Last edited by rugila; 14-06-2022 at 02:43 PM.

I find this rather interesting

Comparing these numbers from the 2012 Cash Flow Statement to the 2022 report - like from 10 years ago

In $'000s
    Receipts from Customers 184,065 in 2012 and 190,096 in 2022
    Payments to Suppliers and Employees 168,682 in 2012 and 207,814 in 2022

Hardly any increase in Receipts but Payments up $40m
    Last edited by winner69; 14-06-2022 at 03:13 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Yeap, costs are absolutely rampant.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-06-2022 at 03:10 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Winner and Beagle the 2 biggest non holding downrampers as far as OCA is concerned, you guys must like talking to the hand.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I find this rather interesting

Comparing these numbers from the 2012 Cash Flow Statement to the 2022 report - like from 10 years ago

In $'000s
    Receipts from Customers 184,065 in 2012 and 190,096 in 2022
    Payments to Suppliers and Employees 168,682 in 2012 and 207,814 in 2022

Hardly any increase in Receipts but Payments up $40m
    Where did the 2012 numbers come from?

[ i.e. IPO document, FY presentation, etc, ? ]
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 14-06-2022 at 03:24 PM. Reason: added a little more as I know winner likes to be obtuse at times
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Where did the 2012 numbers come from?

[ i.e. IPO document, FY presentation, etc, ? ]
    Companies Office of course

IPO they only posted up 2014 onwards reports -- just I like 10 year history when studying train wrecks
    Last edited by winner69; 14-06-2022 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Added a bit because Snowie always wonders why
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Winner and Beagle the 2 biggest non holding downrampers as far as OCA is concerned, you guys must like talking to the hand.
    Ever thought that is is merely in the interest of good healthy informative debate and open discussion to help others ?

Or the fact there are good reasons that I or Winner do not hold. If you had it your way Couta1, every thread would be holders posting away in an endless positive feedback loop in blissful ignorance, oblivious to any possible problems.

Good stuff on the 10 years analysis Winner, shows you where ALL the gains over a full decade have gone. OCA a wonderful company for residents, staff and management. They're all doing exceptionally well thanks to the business model being heavily tilted in their favour.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-06-2022 at 03:42 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine