sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Ever thought that is is merely in the interest of good healthy informative debate and open discussion to help others ?

Or the fact there are good reasons that I or Winner do not hold. If you had it your way Couta1, every thread would be holders posting away in an endless positive feedback loop in blissful ignorance, oblivious to any possible problems.
    But when you have heard the same story dozens of times it serves no purpose other than your own amusement. Oh yes and I was just reminded by a couple of members that you stated that you were done with this thread and stock not long ago? Tui anyone.
    Last edited by couta1; 14-06-2022 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    But when you have heard the same story dozens of times it serves no purpose other than your own amusement. Oh yes and I was just reminded by a couple of members that you stated that you were done with this thread and stock not long ago?
    Thought there was a bit of extra knowledge worth imparting regarding the stock situation seeing how the so called oracle of this stock no longer shares. Winner is dead right about the toxic oil slick effect in here.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-06-2022 at 03:46 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thought there was a bit of extra knowledge worth imparting regarding the stock situation seeing how the so called oracle of this stock no longer shares.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 14-06-2022 at 03:51 PM. Reason: No narrative really needed

Thanks for adding such "insightful and detailed analysis" about OCA.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I have posted numerous insightful posts, based on my experience of working in the residential aged care. What you do not seem to appreciate, or value, is input from those who work in the sector, who actually understand what aged care actually is. I leave the analysis to you, but analysis alone is meaningless if you do not comprehend what OCA is doing, and why.

Thanks for adding such "insightful and detailed analysis" about OCA.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I have posted numerous insightful posts, based on my experience of working in the residential aged care. What you do not seem to appreciate, or value, is input from those who work in the sector, who actually understand what aged care actually is. I leave the analysis to you, but analysis alone is meaningless if you do not comprehend what OCA is doing, and why.
    Nice answer and you have indeed done your own analysis of the company, just not in a pure number crunching sense yet it is just as valuable.

The contrarian in me says it's time to start backing up the ute when the sp is this low Another 5 cents down and I'll use a dumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    The contrarian in me says it's time to start backing up the ute when the sp is this low Another 5 cents down and I'll use a dumpster.
    MET have a pretty big dumpster...

Property prices still falling

HPI down 1.6% from April to may ..... last 3 months down 5.6% .... and only 3.7% upon a year ago
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Property prices still falling

HPI down 1.6% from April to may ..... last 3 months down 5.6% .... and only 3.7% upon a year ago
    Well let's have a discussion on general property prices and effects on value of OCA units.

Costs of new construction is going up and up and up. This will flow through to second hand and existing OCA units.I am reroofing my house and the cost has gone up 10% from a month ago. Damm I should have accepted that quote back then.

Supply and demand will be the sales model soon, this will be based on replacement cost. I think the supply and demand in the general housing market, is based on a number of other factors. Valuation of OCA units has in the future to be based on replacement costs, less depreciation. We all know with the aging population demand for elderly care will be ever increasing. There are very few satisfactory alternatives out there.

Do interest rates affect the elderly so much, a lot are mortgage free with, additional savings and investments.

Licence to occupy, is cheaper than ownership of a home anyway. Also it relieves you of the burden of ongoing maintenance, particularly large ticket items such as reroofing.

Those elderly that either don't own their own home or have savings will have to be content with a basic care room paid for by the DHB.

The alternative is what?

Haters just think that OCA is going to sell units below cost, because the housing market has had a bit of a relapse.

Inflation will start to factor into all second hand property very soon.