sharetrader

new lows again but take solace most other stocks are in the same boat
    one step ahead of the herd

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hope nobody has to sell the bonds they issued a few months ago ..... in total they are down $14m as well

But hold them until 2028 and you get your buck back .... hopefully OCA shares will be $1.58 by 2028 as well ...that's 8% pa ....possible

No worries then - just keep holding until then
    There are a few like these. Corporate treasurers who made some very timely calls about funding back in 2020. If only more of them had been so bold!

This stock is turning into a Benjamin Graham “cigar butt” play 😂

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBull View Post
    This stock is turning into a Benjamin Graham “cigar butt” play 
    Yeah but who is doing the selling? take a look around all the stocks today and check out the volumes, absolutely no conviction in it, it seems to me the only ones selling are the panickers/those that really need the cash and the bored filling in time while ordering another drink.

Its clearly a crash. Reminds me of March 2020. Just where are the sellers putiing their cash. I cant see that going well for them.

No alternative but to sit back, cry a bit and wait it out.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Was a bit of humorous sarcasm, Waltzing seems to be Beagles sidekick (Or is that Parrot) and follows him around like a bad smell.
    You never learn

Well, I dont know about anyone else, but I am buying, with every spare dollar I have. Divvie comes out in a few days, lucky I didnt sign up for DRP.

Ill be on the board soon
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 17-06-2022 at 11:24 AM.

I am too - I have genuine concerns about the impact of rising living costs/inflation, and how that will translate to staff cost increases. I am less concerned around the receding property market. I think, over the long term (my holding period), staff costs will flatten as we transition through economic cycles, the tailwinds of the industry will push through and OCA's brilliant management will continue to work hard. The significant discount to NTA provides a bit of security for me (perhaps not others, who believe it is justified).

some people talk like dividends are guaranteed. there not
    at there last results there issues around there capital structure , oca would be best to cut there div in light of this. might be even more so in light of rising rates
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    some people talk like dividends are guaranteed. there not
    at there last results there issues around there capital structure , oca would be best to cut there div in light of this. might be even more so in light of rising rates
    I dont need the dividends. Berkshire never paid dividends (not so sure about these days). In fact no doubt they may decrease dividends in the future, so will most NZX companies. Hate to mention the old guy (Buffet) again but in high inflation cash IS trash. He said in periods of high inflation get into equities that you think will have the most benefit. Stay away from cash. Its on You Tube for a few months now.

Lastly when everyone tightens the purse strings in the coming recession, the elderly will spend on retirement villages like there is no tomorrow. Because for them there is no tomorrow. Asset values are the only thing that will keep pace with inflation. Ive been around long enough to see it happen before.