sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I dont need the dividends. Berkshire never paid dividends (not so sure about these days). In fact no doubt they may decrease dividends in the future, so will most NZX companies. Hate to mention the old guy (Buffet) again but in high inflation cash IS trash. He said in periods of high inflation get into equities that you think will have the most benefit. Stay away from cash. Its on You Tube for a few months now.

Lastly when everyone tightens the purse strings in the coming recession, the elderly will spend on retirement villages like there is no tomorrow. Because for them there is no tomorrow. Asset values are the only thing that will keep pace with inflation. Ive been around long enough to see it happen before.
    i find sitting on cash now just fine. means i can buy more of the stocks i want at some stage.
    your relying on your asset going up which may or may not happen
    one step ahead of the herd

What am I doing, Doom Gloom, SP will be 50 cents soon. My last 88 cent order has only been partially filled. Everyone sell, sell, its going down, get out while you can.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    You never learn
    If the shoe fits wear it. By the way I still remember some of your behaviour on the Coronavirus thread, your not really the person to be pointing any fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i find sitting on cash now just fine. means i can buy more of the stocks i want at some stage.
    your relying on your asset going up which may or may not happen
    That depends - for a growth stock that doesn't intend to pay a dividend, I agree it is speculation. A company that temporarily pauses a dividend, in order to invest that cash into capital projects, and then later resumes the dividend with the increased income is a different story. The important part is whether you consider the dividend pause to be a temporary measure.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBull View Post
    That depends - for a growth stock that doesn't intend to pay a dividend, I agree it is speculation. A company that temporarily pauses a dividend, in order to invest that cash into capital projects, and then later resumes the dividend with the increased income is a different story. The important part is whether you consider the dividend pause to be a temporary measure.
    Tick tick, tick. My thoughts exactly.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    some people talk like dividends are guaranteed. there not
    at there last results there issues around there capital structure , oca would be best to cut there div in light of this. might be even more so in light of rising rates
    Not a concern for next 6 months, current Div pays out 21st June next week. Not that you'd care being a trader.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Not a concern for next 6 months, current Div pays out 21st June next week. Not that you'd care being a trader.
    actually im both thats the joy . i still own michael hill which ive owned since 1995 lol although its a small holding now a days
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Old mate View Post
    Could be said we will never see 1$ again
    I'm glad you didn't say 'We'll never see 90 cents again'
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

OCA typically trades 40 cents below what insiders most recently bought at.

Previously
    Buy at $1.40. Straight away head to $1

Now
    Buy at $1. Heading to $0.60 no way cannot be true

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I'm glad you didn't say 'We'll never see 90 cents again'
    Fast forward a few yrs from now and talking about 90c or $1 will only seen as the bargin of the century kinda stuff but I'm sure you already know that.