sharetrader
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yes a very valuable/level headed poster who also calls out the wrongs of some when he sees its needed.
    He is a breath of fresh air.

Yes, a polite and friendly poster. Do we know why?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yes, a polite and friendly poster. Do we know why?
    No.
    But it certainly strengthens the other site having great posters such as him.
    ShareTrader is the big loser.Other site the winner.
    Last edited by percy; 25-06-2022 at 06:50 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I thought the speeches and presentation confirmed their long term strategy is on track.

Yes pleasing seeing this site back up and runing,but not so good is seeing Fiordland Moose banned.
    Crikey he is about the most polite poster on the site.
    Not just banned, gone completely. Who knows why, such a nice informed member, can't imagine what would have happened to result in this.

I agree about the speeches and presentations, and the report. Focus on reducing growth in costs, moving to green fields development, apartments and units, stabilising care ratios, new acquisitions, divesting non-aligned property, good sales volumes, good margins. I reckon FY22 really was the inflection point - even with Covid (no deaths from Covid, pretty amazing a testament to their focus on residents care). One off costs gone, strong balance sheet, sensible shift in strategy, all makes sense to me. Happy holder and the divi is in the bank. Nice.

Some people only focus on the historical numbers, it's pretty much like looking at a SP chart, the rear view mirror. The future is not reported in the results numbers or the chart. The value of the chart is that it tells us when is a good time to buy, or sell if you're trader. The value of the financial report is only in telling us the history, which has little or no insights into the future. It's a shame that the truely deeply researched members have left the room, drowned out by incessant non-holding long winded repetitive whining hyperbolic cross-promotion posts for another RV.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Not just banned, gone completely. Who knows why, such a nice informed member, can't imagine what would have happened to result in this.

I agree about the speeches and presentations, and the report. Focus on reducing growth in costs, moving to green fields development, apartments and units, stabilising care ratios, new acquisitions, divesting non-aligned property, good sales volumes, good margins. I reckon FY22 really was the inflection point - even with Covid (no deaths from Covid, pretty amazing a testament to their focus on residents care). One off costs gone, strong balance sheet, sensible shift in strategy, all makes sense to me. Happy holder and the divi is in the bank. Nice.

Some people only focus on the historical numbers, it's pretty much like looking at a SP chart, the rear view mirror. The future is not reported in the results numbers or the chart. The value of the chart is that it tells us when is a good time to buy, or sell if you're trader. The value of the financial report is only in telling us the history, which has little or no insights into the future. It's a shame that the truely deeply researched members have left the room, drowned out by incessant non-holding long winded repetitive whining hyperbolic cross-promotion posts for another RV.
    Your last sentence is so good I want to frame it.

The moose got banned for offering money to fix site. Lounge lizard banned for critizing the lack of communication when site down.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I thought the speeches and presentation confirmed their long term strategy is on track.

Yes pleasing seeing this site back up and runing,but not so good is seeing Fiordland Moose banned.
    Crikey he is about the most polite poster on the site.
    WOW! NO WAY! That is a terrible loss, he was an extremely valuable poster and the place will be worse off without him! Please bring him back!!

DFABPCLMB

I concur RupertBear. Knowing what I know about FM he was genuine in his offer to help given the site was clearly having performance issues. Performance issues is a statement of fact and shouldn't be taken personally. AFAIK there was nothing underhanded in his suggestion.

Another great loss is Davexl......I have no idea why he is gone but that is a rough one too.

BaaBaa / couta - we are still here. We will be back. Just taking time out for now, plus there is nothing of substance to discuss until the next result.
    Last edited by Ferg; 25-06-2022 at 09:02 PM. Reason: more

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    ... We will be back. Just taking time out for now, plus there is nothing of substance to discuss until the next result.
    Yes Ferg, the next results will be important to vindicate or defile the strategy, I think the former, albeit still early days for a long investment. I'm sure there will be plenty to discuss although hopefully not the repetitive cross promotion nonsense that has dominated here for some time, especially as it is informed only by financial history and not by any research on current or future prospects.

In any event I am very happy with the subtle shift in direction building off a solid base converting the existing properties and balancing the care vs suites vs villas and apartments. Good work done there imo, a healthy sustainable long term ratio has come about. Sensible strategy being executed, not some binary care vs other, as some would have us believe.

The brown fields had large overheads, mostly with unbookable property while the shift occurred, though that's almost done now. The recent acquisitions and further intent are a good insight to EPS accretive investments, and the pending divestments of non-aligned property to come will boost the cash balance or diminish the debt, however they decided to treat it.

I suppose on a discussion group with the word 'trader' in it, it is inevitable that equities are evaluated through differing lenses, those of short or medium term momentum traders who can withstand the trading fees and capital gains taxes (albeit those are never mentioned - have you noticed that?), versus others who really don't care much about cap value month to month, except to accumulate, and look to decent returns bi-annually and a bright future, long term.

DFABPCLMB

Yes Ferg, the next results will be important to vindicate or defile the strategy, I think the former, albeit still early days for a long investment...[snip]...and not by any research on current or future prospects.
    Agree 100%. I am still working on / tweaking projections given my time constraints, while others are taking a back seat for now after doing their work and visiting various OCA sites. All I can say is that we are still positive for the future. Everything is on track as it should be. Nothing has changed, other than the obvious capitalisation rates which impact comprehensive income for now, but not underlying earnings.

In any event I am very happy with the subtle shift in direction building off a solid base converting the existing properties and balancing the care vs suites vs villas and apartments. Good work done there imo, a healthy sustainable long term ratio has come about.
    Agreed. I know others joke about the "point of inflection"......but I think this was a poor choice of phrase by OCA. It's a bit like turning the QEII, it will get there eventually but cannot turn on a dime

The brown fields had large overheads, mostly with unbookable property while the shift occurred, though that's almost done now. The recent acquisitions and further intent are a good insight to EPS accretive investments, and the pending divestments of non-aligned property to come will boost the cash balance or diminish the debt, however they decided to treat it
    No debate from me and this shows you understand there is a financial cost/earning dislocation with brownfield developments. And if smaller, less profitable and / or sites with lower prospects are being sold, that will be good for cash and profitability. OCA even spell it out in historic presentations - it can take up to 8 years to achieve optimal earnings with some developments.

I suppose on a discussion group with the word 'trader' in it, it is inevitable that equities are evaluated through differing lenses, those of short or medium term momentum traders who can withstand the trading fees and capital gains taxes (albeit those are never mentioned - have you noticed that?), versus others who really don't care much about cap value month to month, except to accumulate, and look to decent returns bi-annually and a bright future, long term.
    Yes - when I was looking for an online forum I found this site but I'm not a trader. At times I forget this is a site set up for traders and I need to remind myself of that, hence I'm happy to bite my tongue and say nothing at times.
    Last edited by Ferg; 25-06-2022 at 10:22 PM. Reason: typo