sharetrader

A very 'positive' ASM the other day

Easy day for Brent Pattison (and Liz) addressing a group of contented followers - akin to preaching to the converted.

And afterwards over a cuppa no doubt the contented followers all thanked the 'team' for doing a great job..... and some of the 'team' no doubt disclosed some snippets of inside info to make some even more excited bout the future

I note that 33% (77 million) of shares voted against increasing directors fees by $133,500 - suppose those shareholders are unhappy / disappointed / frustrated with the company performance over the last couple years
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A very 'positive' ASM the other day

Easy day for Brent Pattison (and Liz) addressing a group of contented followers - akin to preaching to the converted.

And afterwards over a cuppa no doubt the contented followers all thanked the 'team' for doing a great job..... and some of the 'team' no doubt disclosed some snippets of inside info to make some even more excited bout the future

I note that 33% (77 million) of shares voted against increasing directors fees by $133,500 - suppose those shareholders are unhappy / disappointed / frustrated with the company performance over the last couple years
    The two directors Rob Hamilton and Peter Dufaur, were both overwhelmingly supported with more than 99% of votes each. When have you ever seen unanimous shareholder support for increasing director fees.

The meeting might have been easy for Brent and Liz because the business is moving on very nicely and minor concerns were addressed in the recent strategy shift, early results from that, and no angry shareholders.

The after party isn't as good a time to get questions answered, when anytime you can call the CEO or CFO who are very obliging.

Hi - does anyone have a recording of the AGM, or are they typically unrecorded?

They have done in the past but I couldn't find one. Maybe send them an email via their investor centre and ask?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBull View Post

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBull View Post
    No a recording but most information you can find in the presentation, CEO and Chair addresses.

Putting Brent's speech into a word cloud gives some insights into what is important in his view

Quite interesting
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Not just banned, gone completely. Who knows why, such a nice informed member, can't imagine what would have happened to result in this.

I agree about the speeches and presentations, and the report. Focus on reducing growth in costs, moving to green fields development, apartments and units, stabilising care ratios, new acquisitions, divesting non-aligned property, good sales volumes, good margins. I reckon FY22 really was the inflection point - even with Covid (no deaths from Covid, pretty amazing a testament to their focus on residents care). One off costs gone, strong balance sheet, sensible shift in strategy, all makes sense to me. Happy holder and the divi is in the bank. Nice.

Some people only focus on the historical numbers, it's pretty much like looking at a SP chart, the rear view mirror. The future is not reported in the results numbers or the chart. The value of the chart is that it tells us when is a good time to buy, or sell if you're trader. The value of the financial report is only in telling us the history, which has little or no insights into the future. It's a shame that the truely deeply researched members have left the room, drowned out by incessant non-holding long winded repetitive whining hyperbolic cross-promotion posts for another RV.
    Have no fear the moose is still here - few crossed wires is all
    but seriously big thanks for those words - its well appreciated

got the shakes without my daily hit of ST'r - so many unique perspectives & knowledge amongst everyone here - & a great number of very good people too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    Have no fear the moose is still here - few crossed wires is all
    but seriously big thanks for those words - its well appreciated

got the shakes without my daily hit of ST'r - so many unique perspectives & knowledge amongst everyone here - & a great number of very good people too.
    Good to have you back mate. You're on your way to STr legend poster status.. need more like you here with that next level understanding on the markets and how to value a company etc. Helps the noobs out like me lol

OCA- im still holding. For previous stated reason- Mav and Ferg post that they are happy and coming years are going to be great. Then a few weeks or a month later insiders start buying on market... Great sign.
    And i dont know why but i am a sucker for a beaten up share... and OCA is well beaten

Guru

D&O Ongoing Disclosure Notices (multiple) - NZX, New Zealand’s Exchange

Looks like almost all of the directors took part in the DRP, and most of senior management.

PS - great to have FM back from his temporary extinction.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post

And i dont know why but i am a sucker for a beaten up share... and OCA is well beaten
    But not yet up - I'm still hoping!