sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    If you disapprove of me and my posts, I suggest you add me to your ignore list.
    I don't have an ignore list and I have a much better idea

If you disapprove of me and my posts, I suggest you add me to your ignore list.
    JAK, as an older, and perhaps wiser man, who has been on here for a long time, I hope you won't be offended if I gently offer you some advice. When I feel the urge to rage and vent, to spit and froth, I take a step back from the keyboard. I sit down and think of my grandchildren and my old dog. I centre myself on the room where I am. I take in a slow, deep, long breath right down into the depth of my lungs. Then breathe out, long and slowly. Deep breathing tells your body to calm, to release anxiety. Deep breathing is the basis of most meditation techniques. Breathe in, hold, then breathe out. Often it helps to make a deep, soothing, vibrating sound as you exhale. Any sound or word, it doesn't have to be religious or spiritual, something soothing. Breathe in "aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh"........Breathe out "BBBEEEGGGAAAHHHHHLLLL".... Keep doing that until you feel completely relaxed. Then return to the keyboard. You will find, I think, the community to be a kinder more caring place.

Not offended at all, but both you and your buddy mike2020, are now doing exactly what you both accused me of. Starting and continuing an argument, which "puts people on the defensive and is totally counter productive."

I find it interesting that your deep breathing advice will apparently help me find "the community to be a kinder more caring place," yet my comment that started all this, made out of kindness and consideration for a poster who was being made fun of by you, was deemed to be argumentative. Perhaps you should have taken your own advice before having a dig at someone's grammar. More than a little hypocritical on your part.

We are now done. Back to OCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    JAK, as an older, and perhaps wiser man, who has been on here for a long time, I hope you won't be offended if I gently offer you some advice. When I feel the urge to rage and vent, to spit and froth, I take a step back from the keyboard. I sit down and think of my grandchildren and my old dog. I centre myself on the room where I am. I take in a slow, deep, long breath right down into the depth of my lungs. Then breathe out, long and slowly. Deep breathing tells your body to calm, to release anxiety. Deep breathing is the basis of most meditation techniques. Breathe in, hold, then breathe out. Often it helps to make a deep, soothing, vibrating sound as you exhale. Any sound or word, it doesn't have to be religious or spiritual, something soothing. Breathe in "aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh"........Breathe out "BBBEEEGGGAAAHHHHHLLLL".... Keep doing that until you feel completely relaxed. Then return to the keyboard. You will find, I think, the community to be a kinder more caring place.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 12-08-2022 at 02:37 PM.

Not offended at all, but both you and your buddy mike2020, are now doing exactly what you both accused me of. Starting and continuing an argument, which "puts people on the defensive and is totally counter productive."....
    Oh, I thought I was your buddy? I'm a bit confused now, I'm pretty sure you started this argument? I'm absolutely certain Mike2020 didn't and I know I didn't, so that's odd. If I didn't start it and you didn't start it and Mike didn't start it, who did? Perhaps we should all agree to blame Bull, after all he has had suspiciously little to say about the whole thing. Anyway now that you have finished the argument for all of us, hopefully we can all go back to being buddies again?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

I would like to invite the lot of you out to a bar and then bang your heads together.

Nice to see the share-price recovering a bit.
    Still a way to go to fair value as far as I am concerned.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    I would like to invite the lot of you out to a bar and then bang your heads together.....
    It's not really logical to invite someone to a bar and then bang their heads together. Would we be having a drink before or after the head banging?

Guru

It's not really logical to invite someone to a bar and then bang their heads together. Would we be having a drink before or after the head banging?
    Jeeeze…you really are argumentative ! Look at what u just wrote !

Advanced Member

The banging head comes the morning after. Oh ageing, how you rob me of small pleasures

OCA usually runs in tandem with ARV. It has a little way to go to catch ARV up.
    OCA Overdue for a run you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    The banging head comes the morning after. Oh ageing, how you rob me of small pleasures
    As I've tried to impress, it's about being centred, moderation in all things. You don't need to go full tilt, passions flaring, indulging to the maximum. I used to go out and drink straight vodka, head banging until I was comatose. Now I am happy with a bottle of red sipped quietly over the evening. I think perhaps you and Snow Leopard should hit the bar together. I'm too mellow these days and JAK seems to be in a bit of a mood.
    Last edited by Biscuit; 12-08-2022 at 03:44 PM.