sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    nice if it happened , but i for one cant see oca compounding div,s
    OCA is a great trading stock so if I trade it sucessfully , capture all the div's and reinvest the proceeds all the time back in i would actually make a lot more than simply buy and hold.
    Yes and you would also produce returns that would put you in a class among the very best investors in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Yes and you would also produce returns that would put you in a class among the very best investors in the world.
    thats the plan
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

thats the plan
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Trying to trade in and out of stocks like that, let us know how it goes.

Housing supply/demand dynamics skewed towards over-supply in 2023.

House prices to fall further, according to Kiwibank economists.

https://www.interest.co.nz/business/...-slow-recovery

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    Chart looks terrible.

The way to turn this around is to open up the airport gates and bring in a few million Ukrainains to help with everything from IT to Farming.

That should put a base or Turbo charge house prices and OCA will hit 2 dollars in no time....

When and if FFFF (Fatty FO FO IA from FIJI) opens up immigration all problems solved.

Might run out of Land...
    We really gotta think a bit more carefully about the kind of country we want to live in I think.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Trying to trade in and out of stocks like that, let us know how it goes.
    obviously im talking in a perfect world just like you were. As in your perfect example you forget to mention a flat yr or 2 of say no div's ( highly possible ) would signicantly effect the return at the end of your time frame. just like a loss in my trading example would effect my end result

Banned

obviously im talking in a perfect world just like you were. As in your perfect example you forget to mention a flat yr or 2 of say no div's ( highly possible ) would signicantly effect the return at the end of your time frame. just like a loss in my trading example would effect my end result
    I do not think that OCA reaching $2 by 2040 is me talking a perfect world. It is almost impossible to imagine such a situation, nobody in their right minds thinks that it would take until 2040 to reach $2. The entire point of my post was that under a scenario that would make most people vomit their breakfast, you could still do very well.

2 years of no dividend would make very very little difference to my scenario, but a couple of bad trades will make a big difference.

Tony Alexander says house prices will start increasing soon ….maybe even +10% in 2023

That should help OCA’s coffers
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Tony Alexander says house prices will start increasing soon ….maybe even +10% in 2023

That should help OCA’s coffers
    Meanwhile, house prices continue to drop with no signs of stabilising.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/home-v...7FXWWZ22DP7NY/

As an aside, I was talking to one real estate agent trying to pre-sell some developments in South Auckland for developers. Not one single serious inquiry in 2 months despite the developers dropping their prices from $950,000 to $850,000.

A year ago, he would have pre-sold the whole lot in a weekend but he now has the additional job/problem of trying to find secondary buyers for the pre-sold units from the last year!

FOMO has truly been replaced by FOPTM.
    Last edited by Balance; 01-09-2022 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Meanwhile, house prices continue to drop with no signs of stabilising.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/home-v...7FXWWZ22DP7NY/

As an aside, I was talking to one real estate agent trying to pre-sell some developments in South Auckland for developers. Not one single serious inquiry in 2 months despite the developers dropping their prices from $950,000 to $850,000.

A year ago, he would have pre-sold the whole lot in a weekend but he now has the additional job/problem of trying to find secondary buyers for the pre-sold units from the last year!

FOMO has truly been replaced by FOPTM.
    its getting bad in aus to. i know oca dont have anything going on there but others in sector do

Since peaking in March 2021, dwelling approvals have fallen by 29 per cent as of the latest data for June this year. After hitting an all-time record high in June 2021, dwelling commencements are following approvals down, falling 27.5 per cent as of the March quarter.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...75a11ff0e69c31