sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Be interesting with the mask mandate coming up for discussion weather this marks the next down leg in retirement stocks if they do away with it. my time- line graph i posted a while back has worked well so far on these announcements
    wonder if the next down leg is starting , would be right on cue with the mask mandate having ended
    one step ahead of the herd

Membaa

wonder if the next down leg is starting , would be right on cue with the mask mandate having ended
    Mask mandates in healthcare settings, including rest homes have not been lifted.

Looking grim and bear for Oceania, Bull

BB is correct, but it is clear retirement village stocks are under real pressure. OCA, RYM, ARV, RAD all showing % declines today, with only SUM marginally up. When it is all said and done the reported death rates from Covid are still notable, house prices are in obvious freefall, and new builds by operators continue to come on-stream in higher volumes than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Mask mandates in healthcare settings, including rest homes have not been lifted.
    true but all the workers , delivery people etc mingle with everyone in the outside world who dont where masks

People who work in rest homes/retirement villages, are very protective of the people they care for. Not sure what other facilities are doing now, but staff where I work no longer need to do RATs before every shift. We are however, expected to test if we develop any symptoms that could be covid related. Some of us are choosing to continue testing as a personal choice. We are still wearing masks 24/7 and I can't see that changing anytime soon. Visitors are back in, unrestricted, but must also wear masks.

Our residents are (all but two) fully vaccinated and most have had a second booster. They were involved in the decision to remove previous restrictions, and made it clear they want to be able to live a "normal" life again. Most are not actually even worried about staff wearing masks now. They have seen how they have impacted on staff, and often say "Just take it off dear! I won't tell anyone." (we don't of course).

Aged care has done an incredible job of caring for residents throughout Covid. It has been tough on them, but they have supported all decisions made for them, and have been incredibly appreciative. We have been very fortunate, with only around 12 cases in total, none of which were worse than a light dose of the flu or a common cold. I can tell you however, that the post covid effect on those with dementia/cognitive impairment, has been significant. Covid most definitely affects cognitive function, and physical ability, in these residents.

true but all the workers , delivery people etc mingle with everyone in the outside world who dont where masks

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    People who work in rest homes/retirement villages, are very protective of the people they care for. Not sure what other facilities are doing now, but staff where I work no longer need to do RATs before every shift. We are however, expected to test if we develop any symptoms that could be covid related. Some of us are choosing to continue testing as a personal choice. We are still wearing masks 24/7 and I can't see that changing anytime soon. Visitors are back in, unrestricted, but must also wear masks.

Our residents are (all but two) fully vaccinated and most have had a second booster. They were involved in the decision to remove previous restrictions, and made it clear they want to be able to live a "normal" life again. Most are not actually even worried about staff wearing masks now. They have seen how they have impacted on staff, and often say "Just take it off dear! I won't tell anyone." (we don't of course).

Aged care has done an incredible job of caring for residents throughout Covid. It has been tough on them, but they have supported all decisions made for them, and have been incredibly appreciative. We have been very fortunate, with only around 12 cases in total, none of which were worse than a light dose of the flu or a common cold. I can tell you however, that the post covid effect on those with dementia/cognitive impairment, has been significant. Covid most definitely affects cognitive function, and physical ability, in these residents.
    Thank you for your efforts to protect those who need it.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post

thankyou for the update

Sounds like a stressful situation... is that why your always moody ..

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    Sounds like a stressful situation... is that why your always moody ..
    Personal attacks against people gets you banned .