sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Poolboy View Post
    Ah, I remember back in the good old days, probably half a lifetime ago, it was worth $1.60. Bring back the good old days I say.
    If you would be that young, that 13 months would be half your lifetime, than you couldn't write and nobody would pay you for cleaning pools
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    I think resales are already an issue, judging by the unprecedented number of brochures and advertisements in my letterbox/the NZ Herald and local community paper, and the regular open days around and about. People are reluctant to sell their existing home under current market conditions, so I suspect numbers entering villages via resales have slowed and given the volume of new builds in the sector.

On the other hand, we are reaching peak demographic momentum. I am an early post-war baby boomer (born 1947) so 75, and I have started looking at the opportunities in Auckland and in several of the provinces too. Not at all ready to act, but it's good to know how it is. My generation is increasingly reaching a critical age, and we were granted a good life and mostly became homeowners, which seems to be the necessary prerequisite to consider this retirement option.
    I understand that many retirees would like to sell their homes at top dollar and buy a retirement unit at a reduced price. Not going to happen. But there will be those that will want to hold on as long as possible until their house price recovers. However regret to say and as I said to my mother in law, you are not getting any better. Your health and mobility will deteriorate. Get your unit now, before the option is not available to you and you have a drop in health, which precludes you from a unit and sends you direct to an internal "room" only.

Unfortunately older people have no choice and need to make their decision to move into a retirement home sooner rather than later. Again people of this age are not in control of their situation for any particular long period of time. Their window of opportunity is short.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    I think resales are already an issue, judging by the unprecedented number of brochures and advertisements in my letterbox/the NZ Herald and local community paper, and the regular open days around and about. People are reluctant to sell their existing home under current market conditions, so I suspect numbers entering villages via resales have slowed and given the volume of new builds in the sector.

On the other hand, we are reaching peak demographic momentum. I am an early post-war baby boomer (born 1947) so 75, and I have started looking at the opportunities in Auckland and in several of the provinces too. Not at all ready to act, but it's good to know how it is. My generation is increasingly reaching a critical age, and we were granted a good life and mostly became homeowners, which seems to be the necessary prerequisite to consider this retirement option.
    There are boomers in their mid 50s too. The generation has a long tail. It's a pity the RV companies like to portray their ILU occupants as full of life and they will live forever in an ILU when that's not the reality or aim.
    On the advertising, yes I have noticed a lot of it. There are listings on trademe as well

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    If you would be that young, that 13 months would be half your lifetime, than you couldn't write and nobody would pay you for cleaning pools
    I may be 8 but I'm as smart as a 10 year old.

Miss Smith from room 3 told me that.

Can I respectfully ask that we cut the crap in this thread and get back to discussing OCA. I enjoy a bit of light hearted humour as much as anybody, but this is getting tired.

I may be 8 but I'm as smart as a 10 year old.

Miss Smith from room 3 told me that.

As I mentioned earlier we are flogging a dead horse. I doesn't matter how many units are available or OCA's rate of return, it's the other factors that dictate what the value of the shares are.

As I mentioned earlier we are flogging a dead horse. I doesn't matter how many units are available or OCA's rate of return, it's the other factors that dictate what the value of the shares are.
    Do you mean the value of the shares, or do you mean the share price? Big difference.

While nobody can predict the future ... I am reasonable confident that we will see the price chasing the (in my view) higher value soon. House prices will bottom out in 2023 and the grey tsunami only started to come in. Give it another year or two and even the market might wake up.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 15-10-2022 at 09:13 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

The other factors dictate what the PRICE of the shares are.

They are two different things and this is the essence of investing.

... have power to make you great

Do you mean the value of the shares, or do you mean the share price? Big difference.

While nobody can predict the future ... I am reasonable confident that we will see the price chasing the (in my view) higher value soon. House prices will bottom out in 2023 and the grey tsunami only started to come in. Give it another year or two and even the market might wake up.
    The share price.

Wait a year or two ... on the sidelines

Surely you are not that stupid you can't figure that out via the context?