sharetrader

The market sentiment about OCA shows just how little "the market" understands about this company, and about Aged Care in general.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Love Jarred at the 10th Man. Here's a few bits from todays newsletter

- Earnings don’t matter?
    - it is sentiment that matters
    - It pains me to see this. It pains me to see people spend their entire lives manipulating numbers in a spreadsheet, thinking it’s going to give them some insight into what the stock market will do
    - Earnings don’t matter. Fundamental analysis does not matter. What matters is how people feel about a stock
    - etc etc

Market sentiment about OCA these days sucks eh ...... really bad ..... so until that sentiment changes little hope of a much improved OCA share price ---- and don't overlook that generally people don't behave rationally'

Same applies to other stocks in this sector but on a scale of 1-10 where 1 is 'really sucks' and 10 is 'sort of sucks' you's have to put OCA at 1 (2 if being nice) ... ARV at 2 and RYM and SUM at 5 to 6

Latest The 10th Man here
    https://www.mauldineconomics.com/the...gs-dont-matter
    Last edited by justakiwi; 28-10-2022 at 09:28 AM.

Love Jarred at the 10th Man. Here's a few bits from todays newsletter

- Earnings don’t matter?
    - it is sentiment that matters
    - It pains me to see this. It pains me to see people spend their entire lives manipulating numbers in a spreadsheet, thinking it’s going to give them some insight into what the stock market will do
    - Earnings don’t matter. Fundamental analysis does not matter. What matters is how people feel about a stock
    - etc etc

Market sentiment about OCA these days sucks eh ...... really bad ..... so until that sentiment changes little hope of a much improved OCA share price ---- and don't overlook that generally people don't behave rationally'

Same applies to other stocks in this sector but on a scale of 1-10 where 1 is 'really sucks' and 10 is 'sort of sucks' you's have to put OCA at 1 (2 if being nice) ... ARV at 2 and RYM and SUM at 5 to 6

Latest The 10th Man here
    https://www.mauldineconomics.com/the...gs-dont-matter
    Well, he just repackaged Ben Grahams old saying "“In the short run, the market is a voting machine but in the long run, it is a weighing machine".

Obviously - this has nothing to do with OCA and all retirement stocks are more or less in the doldrums. However - OCA is as well a good example for a stock which will do well, when the reweighing happens.

Good stock for investors ... ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    The market sentiment about OCA shows just how little "the market" understands about this company, and about Aged Care in general.
    And market sentiment presents opportunities to buy or accumulate value at beaten up prices. It wasn't so long ago people were moaning about everything being over-priced for the perceived value, now it's the opposite. Not just for OCA or the other RV's, but all over the market.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Hey JAK, do you ever ask yourself, maybe the market is right and i am wrong?

i say that holding OCA and in the red heaps.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, he just repackaged Ben Grahams old saying "“In the short run, the market is a voting machine but in the long run, it is a weighing machine".

Obviously - this has nothing to do with OCA and all retirement stocks are more or less in the doldrums. However - OCA is as well a good example for a stock which will do well, when the reweighing happens.

Good stock for investors ... ;
    OCA is as well a good example for a stock which will do well, when the reweighing happens.

You not 'predicting' that are you ... or just 'hoping'

What happens if this 'weighing machine' is showing the correct weight today?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

FY2023 interim results will be published in a few weeks (late Nov last year), of course they already know the numbers for H1, and no changes to guidance, so all good. Happy to patiently accumulate OCA. Next divi/DRP will be nice at these low SP's, unless world peace and happiness breaks out sometime soon. 5.28% gross div yield at current SP, best in sector.

OCA is as well a good example for a stock which will do well, when the reweighing happens.

You not 'predicting' that are you ... or just 'hoping'

What happens if this 'weighing machine' is showing the correct weight today?
    Well, it is today a great investment based on fundamentals (that's the weighing bit): At 84 cents it pays you a juicy dividend yield of 6% and comes with an earnings CAGR of 10.

Nobody can predict the future, but history shows that companies who provide essential services in a growing market tend to do well - I guess age care is basically just another part of essential infrastructure.

Not sure about your play with words ... if you watch the tide going out, are you "hoping" that it comes back, or do you "forecast" that it comes back?

Similar with OCA and other retirement providers, At the moment the tide is going out (though it might be already at its bottom) and unless Putin or the other dear leader play there next nuclear demo over NZ (or some other black swan event), I am sure it will come back.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    FY2023 interim results will be published in a few weeks (late Nov last year), of course they already know the numbers for H1, and no changes to guidance, so all good. Happy to patiently accumulate OCA. Next divi/DRP will be nice at these low SP's, unless world peace and happiness breaks out sometime soon. 5.28% gross div yield at current SP, best in sector.
    Hmm - my calculator says that 5 cents dividend divided by 84 cents Share price equate roughly (give or take) 5.952%.

Do I need to buy a new calculator - or how do you get to just 5.28%?
    ----

4.4/84=5.2%

No. Not with respect to OCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Hey JAK, do you ever ask yourself, maybe the market is right and i am wrong?

i say that holding OCA and in the red heaps.