sharetrader

I didn't take you off ignore. I saw some of your posts as they were quoted by others. I did look at the last one because in case you haven't noticed, I have an innate need to defend the elderly and the Aged Care sector. It is something I am passionate about and I take it personally, on behalf of our elderly folk, when people like you, and others, seem hell bent on disrespecting them as human beings, choose to misunderstand the industry completely, and generally contribute nothing of worth to this thread - which by the way, is an OCA thread. I make no apologies for that. None. I realise I am wasting my time with most of you. I realise you have tunnel vision and are unwilling to listen to the views of someone who works on the ground floor, or someone like Maverick, who is the undisputed ST expert on OCA. We have both tried to "enlighten" you in this thread, but some of you are clearly just not interested, or perhaps you are just too stupid to understand it.

Do you even hold OCA? If you do ... why? It seems to me it's the last sector you should be invested in. Have a wonderful rest of your day.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Nice to know you have taken me off ignore.
    I know you love me, but remember curiosity killed the cat.
    You will be adding me as a friend on Facebook next.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I didn't take you off ignore. I saw some of your posts as they were quoted by others. I did look at the last one because in case you haven't noticed, I have an innate need to defend the elderly and the Aged Care sector. It is something I am passionate about and I take it personally, on behalf of our elderly folk, when people like you, and others, seem hell bent on disrespecting them as human beings, choose to misunderstand the industry completely, and generally contribute nothing of worth to this thread - which by the way, is an OCA thread. I make no apologies for that. None. I realise I am wasting my time with most of you. I realise you have tunnel vision and are unwilling to listen to the views of someone who works on the ground floor, or someone like Maverick, who is the undisputed ST expert on OCA. We have both tried to "enlighten" you in this thread, but some of you are clearly just not interested, or perhaps you are just too stupid to understand it.

Do you even hold OCA? If you do ... why? It seems to me it's the last sector you should be invested in. Have a wonderful rest of your day.
    This thread just keeps getting side tracked, ad infinitum, to the point of ridiculousness.

sorry

FFS. I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    This thread just keeps getting side tracked, ad infinitum, to the point of ridiculousness.

sorry

I got out of OCA a while back. Main reason for dumping OCA and keeping SUM was the massive care component of their operation. I thought I'd get back in at around 90c but I dont see any reason to jump in yet. Catching a falling knife is pretty risky as they say. Didnt this list at 79c?

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Lettuce know if they get any salad.
    lol
    if kfc cant afford lettuce there no way in hell rest homes be buying lettuce.
    boiled cabbage with pork is nice and nutricious and not too expensive compared to say a lettuce salad with lamb or steak
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Don't know if anyones mentioned this but I was really pleased & impressed to see OCA's new TV ad campaign last night. Really well done.
    Perhaps they've changed agencies but the previous ad campaign really missed the mark Imo. The last campaigns attempt at humour was incredibly patronising & disrespectful towards our seniors, obviously put together by some young things with absolutely no understanding of the seniors target market. Made the residents look like they were all children who had lost their marbles. Was surprised & dismayed management went with it.
    The new campaign gives me much more confidence management are over the detail, & marketing is so important.

Met some bankers today to chew the fat on what’s happening out there.

Basically foreign depositors and investors in NZ property, bonds and equities have been pulling billions of dollars out of NZ.

There is little confidence that the residential property cycle is going to trend higher anytime soon in the next 2 years.

And as we know, once the foreign investors from most countries sell, they cannot buy back in and are unlikely to due to Labour’s foreign buyer policy.

Unless the immigration gates open up, only one way for the sector to go and it’s not up.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Basically foreign depositors and investors in NZ property, bonds and equities have been pulling billions of dollars out of NZ.

There is little confidence that the residential property cycle is going to trend higher anytime soon in the next 2 years.

And as we know, once the foreign investors from most countries sell, they cannot buy back in and are unlikely to due to Labour’s foreign buyer policy.

Unless the immigration gates open up, only one way for the sector to go and it’s not up.
    Let’s hope labour does not govern for the next term. Although to be honest it will take a while for any party to un clutter this mess labour and successive governments before have been putting this country into. In short I don’t know what the answer is either, but I feel for RV increasing nurses and doctors pay will help in the longterm for this sector.

Guru

NZ fiscal settings have needed major reform for decades. Also, have we really needed foreign investors to be allowed to invest in and consequently increase price pressure on NZ residential housing, when residential housing has already been more appealing than investing in the stock exchange and in business for so many NZers? We want as many NZ owner occupiers* as possible, so that that they can sell their homes to move into an ORA unit in an OCA village!

Certainly with current fiscal settings and investment markets, NZ relies on net migration, rather than productivity increase, for most of its economic growth

* Or many NZers with a sufficiently large investment portfolio (if they do not own a home) to be able to buy an ORA in a village.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 04-11-2022 at 06:16 AM.

Guru

The bankers gave us an AA+ credit rating in 2018.

We still own a fair bit which would have been flogged off otherwise.