sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It looks like I am outvoted on this ad! I know the benefits of RVs. it can be very difficult time of life. Maybe I expect greater specifics on what Ryman brings to the party and sets them apart.
    If this ad would be the only information they provide, than yes, I would agree. However - it is only a starting point to get people thinking about this option and to start some research.

I wouldn't expect a car commercial either to contain detailed technical data and comparisons with all competitors. Would you?

I do know (from some research as share holder) that both Ryman as well as Oceania (to return to the thread title) provide quite good information about their services, facilities, contracts and fees. Some of this information is however not online - you need to ask. I'd recommend as well to visit the villages you are considering - not once, but several times ... and talk with the residents. This will give you more than any TV ad could.

I suppose the other retirement villages (SUM, ARV) do that as well, but they I haven't yet researched in depth.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Anybody have ad stats (eg spend) and SOV for this sector

Be interesting
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Oceania marketing all to do with Reimagining the aged care and retirement experiece

Ryman doing much the same with their Ryman Pioneers campaign (won an award last year)

I believe both are looking for more 'senior influencers' to lead the way on social media

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    If this ad would be the only information they provide, than yes, I would agree. However - it is only a starting point to get people thinking about this option and to start some research.

I wouldn't expect a car commercial either to contain detailed technical data and comparisons with all competitors. Would you?

I do know (from some research as share holder) that both Ryman as well as Oceania (to return to the thread title) provide quite good information about their services, facilities, contracts and fees. Some of this information is however not online - you need to ask. I'd recommend as well to visit the villages you are considering - not once, but several times ... and talk with the residents. This will give you more than any TV ad could.

I suppose the other retirement villages (SUM, ARV) do that as well, but they I haven't yet researched in depth.
    With a car ad, the car is usually centrally featured in the ad, sometimes with fuel consumption and engineering stats. With this Ryman ad there are several fleeting exterior and interior shots, that could be set in a motel unit, plus a load of, in my opinion, general platitudes. My opinion is probably a minority and no doubt the advertising will be positive for both Roman itself and others in the sector.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 07-11-2022 at 12:14 PM.

At last, the information vacuum is to be filled. Half-year results to be released to NZX on the morning of Wednesday 23 November, with a webcast at 11.00am that day.

I suspect the odds are more in favour of the outcome lifting the share price to at least the mid 80's, rather than declining to the mid 70's. New NTA per share will be interesting.

First half results

Last year they sold 129 new ORA and realised $15.3m on these. Also had 101 resales with realised gains of $10.6m. Total realised gains thus $25.9 and add $1.6m of other stuff first half Underlying Profit was $27.5

Have increased sales and make a bit more on each sale and this year Underlying Profit could easily get to $33.4m - up 20% odd on last year

Hope something like this happens -- wouldn't want to revert back to 'sell heaps more and make about the same' tradition would we

The sector needs to see Oceania doing well to get some 'love' going

Busy few weeks coming for results - RYM first off then OCA and last ARV.

Suppose the benchmark is SUM first half to June which saw Underlying Profit up 9% ...if OCA do 20% wow
    Last edited by winner69; 07-11-2022 at 02:38 PM.

Closed down at 81 cents. Markets didn't think much of it.

The issue is what will the market think of it (the half-year result) when it is released to NZX on 23 November.

There were said to be 550 apartments, villas and care suites under construction as at 31 March 2022, with around 300 of these expected to complete in y/e 31 March 2023. In y/e 31 March 2022 there were 450 sales, including care suites. Of these 210 were units (apartments or villas) and 240 were care suites. Of course, that aggregate figure of 450 includes both new builds and resales. Oceania's total stock is weighted roughly two thirds care beds and care suites and one third apartments and villas, at least prior to the recent acquisition activity.

We need to see a good build completion rate, and strong sales and resales of new and existing stock underpinning an increase in underlying profit, in turn providing for a lift in the interim dividend from the 2.1cps (not imputed) paid last year.

I bought around $19k worth within my trading account today and will hold until after the result is available and digested by the market.

NZRB making a statement and interest rate change same day. Will make a difference I suspect.

I must admit I struggle to find OCA attractive to invest in despite its 43% fall in share price in the last year.

RV stocks are all about capital growth imo if you track their share prices relative to the property cycle & their pathetic dividend yield.

As an old timer said to me years ago, you cannot 'eat' capital growth unless you sell the stock on its way up. On the way down, you are having to eat capital!

We are first year into potentially a 5 year property down cycle so what's the big hurry to invest in any of them????

Outside of a takeover play, I struggle to see the upside in RV stocks in the next 2 years myself.

The trend is your friend.
    Last edited by Balance; 08-11-2022 at 05:17 PM.