sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Do you just make sh1t up? The article you posted gives you the actual numbers, and they are NOT what you have pulled out of your derrière here.
    the numbers are from seek aus thats why i said 30 - 40
    told you to keep off the boiled cabbage .... cabbage head
    Last edited by bull....; 09-11-2022 at 02:01 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Heard this 'If you don't know where the yield comes from, you are the yield.'

OCA yield close to 5% .... good question though is where does this come from?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

It boggles my mind somewhat, not being from an accountancy background, but the dividends (currently 4.4c in aggregate pa) are not imputed. The Annual Report for y/e 31 March 2022 includes a statement that there are $130.3m available tax losses as at that date (accrued incrementally since 2015 I believe) so imputed dividends are not coming any time soon. When looking at yield as a return on investment there is a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Do you think the declining daily volume, especially since October, to a now measly daily average of 160k shares, supports the theory of institutional sellers selling down?
    It does imo.

Institutions, when they start their initial down weighting, normally have a price point which they sell down to. So initial volumes will be large as buyers, be them retail &/or instos, absorb the selldown.

Then, the buyers run out of firepower or suffer buyers’ fatigue - resulting in lower volumes but the institutional sellers keep selling to their price point.

What is telling to me is the average volume per buyer on the bid side vs on the offer side - clear to me that there are a lot of retail buyers vs a few institutional sellers.

I thought the carnage was over 3 months ago when share price went back over $1 - (like 'we'll never see $1 again)

But heck looking at a 3 month chart its been downhill since - almost in a straight line .... further 24% down

Chatter on forums says Oceania in the mid 60's on the cards - at this rate by Christmas - esp if insto's keep drip feeding the market

mind you sum other charts not looking too good either but those sum other ones the line is not so steep
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 10-11-2022 at 08:16 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Newshub can reveal since July, the Government has signed off on employers to recruit 1097 aged care nurses from overseas, while 95 nurses have applied and 69 have been approved.But only five have arrived in the country.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...e-funding.html

and the ones left continue to burn out and leave ?
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Newshub can reveal since July, the Government has signed off on employers to recruit 1097 aged care nurses from overseas, while 95 nurses have applied and 69 have been approved.But only five have arrived in the country.

and the ones left continue to burn out and leave ?
    Those that applied likely applied to Aussie as well - better pay rates, no wage freeze, lower grocery prices and immediate residency likely swayed them away from NZ

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    Those that applied likely applied to Aussie as well - better pay rates, no wage freeze, lower grocery prices and immediate residency likely swayed them away from NZ
    its a bit weird how hard it is for nurses to move, apart from NZ to Australia.
    Daughter RN has moved to Canada (BC), but not nursing as takes at least 1 year and $10k to get registration, and can take 2 yrs. And yet they crying out for nurses same as NZ, Aus, UK etc. So she is working in a skifield cafe.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I thought the carnage was over 3 months ago when share price went back over $1 - (like 'we'll never see $1 again)

But heck looking at a 3 month chart its been downhill since - almost in a straight line .... further 24% down

Chatter on forums says Oceania in the mid 60's on the cards - at this rate by Christmas - esp if insto's keep drip feeding the market
    Evident yesterday when the seller(s) left the market close offers at 80c, giving the illusion that they have finished selling down to 79c - so retail investors get sucked into putting in bids.

Like I wrote before, watch for some decent size crossings (millions of shares) and that's when other instos see value and are starting to accummulate.

Meanwhile, it is grim out there for the property sector. One of my friends just got approved for a 30 year mortgage by Westpac to buy a property he cannot afford - that's how desperate the banks are to lend.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Meanwhile, it is grim out there for the property sector. One of my friends just got approved for a 30 year mortgage by Westpac to buy a property he cannot afford - that's how desperate the banks are to lend.
    That's a surprise and a concern.

One would expect banks to be more prudent.

Short memories eh?