sharetrader

Yes, all this talk about wrap around services for youth offenders and we don't even have "services". That alone affects peoples mental health.
    The little old lady asking for aged care funding beats tina from turners hands down.

PS those talked about wrap around services are estimated at around 1B and where will they find the staff to do it? Pipe dreams.
    Last edited by mike2020; 19-11-2022 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    $1.9B on mental health and they don't even know where its gone. We're not making this up, its fact and we all should be very worried. The list is incompetence on a scale never previously seen. We all love our country and it's hard to watch TBH
    I don't think this is true. My understanding is that we increased our mental health system by 7 (in words: seven) additional beds. Fair price - only something like $270m per bed.

Which brings me back to the thread ... maybe OCA should take this money and offer some mental health beds as super premium service funded by our government!

Anyway - we probably should move this discussion over to one of the political threads, shouldn't we?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I don't think this is true. My understanding is that we increased our mental health system by 7 (in words: seven) additional beds. Fair price - only something like $270m per bed.

Which brings me back to the thread ... maybe OCA should take this money and offer some mental health beds as super premium service funded by our government!

Anyway - we probably should move this discussion over to one of the political threads, shouldn't we?
    Excellent suggestion - the private sector players like OCA or Ryman will run circles around the free wasteful spending bureaucrats, and deliver bang for bucks anytime.

With all dues respect, whether this particular government is terrible or not is irrelevant. Which is precisely the point I was attempting to make. The current aged care crisis has nothing to do with party politics. It is a long standing issue that has been looming for at least a decade. No political party has ever addressed it. Which is what Balance is unwilling to acknowledge. My comments are relevant to OCA. The continual hijacking of this thread, with never ending party politics ranting, is not.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    Appreciate what you are trying to convey there JAK but this govt is terrible. 600 ml on merging broadcasting as an example, could house EVERY SINGLE CHILD LIVING IN A CAR PERMANENTLY. If they saw this behaviour while in opposition Labour would be screaming mad.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 20-11-2022 at 09:14 AM.

Does Oceania carry out revaluations in their interim accounts, or do they only do it at the end of the financial year. So next results may not be as telling as the full year results.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Does Oceania carry out revaluations in their interim accounts, or do they only do it at the end of the financial year. So next results may not be as telling as the full year results.
    Revaluations done for half year ..... probably a desk top jobs ....update the data base and change the assumptions etc etc etc
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Hey Winner,
    Would you mind sharing you opinion on todays announcement. ...

This notice relates to the grant of performance share rights (Share Rights)
    which are convertible into fully paid ordinary shares in OCA should certain
    vesting conditions and performance hurdles be met under OCA's Long Term
    Incentive Scheme (Scheme).

Just twiddling my thumbs before Wednesday but from a corporate speak perspective;
    Firstly , does this suggest these "performance hurdles being met " is a very positive statement or meaningless?
    Secondly, surely stuff like this should come out after the HY report - not 2 days prior?

I haven't seen this early timing of these sort of announcements happen in past years.

BTW I've raised my upper band for HY underlying to now go between $31.5m - $33m after reworking with the ARV and RYM margins and resales stats.
    I would love to see you get your $40m. They'll blow that out of the after next year when selling Helier and Windermere but cant see it this time mate.

Last edited by Maverick; 21-11-2022 at 10:45 AM.

I know nothing of course, but this seems like a positive announcement to me. Timing is odd, but perhaps they are just covering themselves so nobody can say they were not aware before the HY report is out. Some investors might want to take advantage of "good news" (if that's what it is), and add to their position before Wednesday. Without this announcement they would miss that potential opportunity?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Hey Winner,

Just twiddling my thumbs before Wednesday but from a corporate speak perspective;
    Firstly , does this suggest these "performance hurdles being met " is a very positive statement or meaningless?
    Secondly, surely stuff like this should come out after the HY report - not 2 days prior?

I haven't seen this early timing of these sort of announcements happen in past years.

BTW I've raised my upper band for HY underlying to now go between $31.5m - $33m after reworking with the ARV and RYM margins and resales stats.
    I would love to see you get your $40m. They'll blow that out of the after next year when selling Helier and Windermere but cant see it this time mate.

Last edited by justakiwi; 21-11-2022 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Hey Winner,

Hey Mav .... I wouldn't read anything into the timing of the announcement

Hurdles are interesting

The Share Rights in each grant are divided between two performance hurdles;

– Share Rights will qualify for vesting on a straight-line basis, from 0%, where the total shareholder return (TSR) from
    the commencement date to the measurement date is equal to the 35th percentile of the NZX50 Group, to 100%
    where the TSR is equal to or greater than the 75th percentile of the NZX50 Group;
    and

– For the second performance hurdle, Share Rights will qualify for vesting if the Group’s annual growth in underlying
    earnings (before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation) per share (UEPS) from the commencement date to the
    measurement date is equal to or greater than the target for growth in UEPS for that period.

So the TSR bit is all about being average and if not really bad (like losing the race) will get something .... pretty cool eh. I have asked what this 'NZX50 Group' is (probably other sector stocks' but they wouldn't disclose what it is.

I also requested what the earnings per share targets were but were told they were 'market sensitive' ..... in other words secret. Shareholders could be paying out millions but don't know in advance how much profit they trying to achieve (cynically probably only 5% growth). The AR did say Mr Pattison got Incentive payments that included a 10% earnings growth target amongst other thngs.

The only winners in these sort os schemes are the execs .... but we get comfort that their interests and ours are aligned. What a joke as a TSR of the 35% decile is not my expectations .... nor is a low earnings growth

Never mind its only money eh

As with a lot of such schemes the only winners are the recipients .... like for the Mar2022 year Mr Pattison got $292k STI and $252k under this Long Term Plan bringing hsi total rem to $1.2m
    Last edited by winner69; 21-11-2022 at 11:42 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

As to timing, I would suggest it's likely the outcome of a Board meeting late last week, ahead of the release of the half year result.